OP
OP
Ortho281

Ortho281

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice choice of colorful fish. The clown fish are big.
Thanks, some are fish I have dreamed of having for a few years! I hope all goes well with the quarantine process? I can already see some of the fish trying to dominate others.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, some are fish I have dreamed of having for a few years! I hope all goes well with the quarantine process? I can already see some of the fish trying to dominate others.
agree, I have a maroon clown that own the tank:rolleyes:

OP
OP
Ortho281

Ortho281

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up stand last week and had tank delivered to my office this evening. Both were made by Planet Aquarium. Tank was pre-drilled for 16" Synergy Reef overflow. I'm very pleased with the build and quality of both the stand and the aquarium. I'm hoping to have them in place in new office soon so that I can start plumbing and installation of equipment.

Tank1.jpg
Tank3.JPG
Tank2.JPG
Stand.jpg

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the pieces are coming together.

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes! Slowly but surely! This one may be the slowest build yet? Haha!
I am following another thread here. Your is going pretty fast compared to his;). Take a look at this build.

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! His is a mega build compared to mine!
Yes his build is big. Of the builds going on right now, yours and his are the most unique and interesting in my opinion :)

OP
OP
Ortho281

Ortho281

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes his build is big. Of the builds going on right now, yours and his are the most unique and interesting in my opinion :)
Thanks! Haha! Looks to me like I lost everyone else not updating more frequently. It's difficult finding the time with a new office buildout and two toddlers at home but I'll try to do better.

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Haha! Looks to me like I lost everyone else not updating more frequently. It's difficult finding the time with a new office buildout and two toddlers at home but I'll try to do better.

This is supposed to be fun time, not another job;) I would not be concerned with how often you post just to keep us happy:) you have more important thing to do, like finish the tank on your time:rolleyes:

I have your thread watched so when you post if pops up and I can see your progress.

I need to quit messing around on R2R and get back to work. Have a great day and a good weekend

OP
OP
Ortho281

Ortho281

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had an issue yesterday at the office with the quarantine tank. I stated Cupramine on Tuesday and decided to only dose 1/2 of the recommended dose (50 drops) followed by another 50 drops the next day. My plan was to slowly raise the level of copper over 4 doses as oppose to only 2 doses as recommended. After the 1st dose copper tested at zero and 0.25 following the 2nd dose. Temp was 78 degrees and I had an air stone and powerhead going in addition to the HOB with only Bioballs. Yesterday following my weekly 50% WC and adding back 50 drops of Cupramine, my yellow and purple tang started breathing heavily and laying on their sides. I tested copper and it was reading just over 0.25 ppm. All other fish were doing fine and eating. In an effort to try and save these two fish, I decided to reduce the copper and did a 10 gallon WC and added carbon and cuprisorb. After doing this the purple tand appeared to be making a come back but the yellow tang did not look so good. I find it strange that my more sensitive fish like the Anthias, Achilles Tang and Blond Naso were doing fine, while the Yellow and Purple Tang were struggling?

OP
OP
Ortho281

Ortho281

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is supposed to be fun time, not another job;) I would not be concerned with how often you post just to keep us happy:) you have more important thing to do, like finish the tank on your time:rolleyes:

I have your thread watched so when you post if pops up and I can see your progress.

I need to quit messing around on R2R and get back to work. Have a great day and a good weekend
Thanks! You you too!

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had an issue yesterday at the office with the quarantine tank. I stated Cupramine on Tuesday and decided to only dose 1/2 of the recommended dose (50 drops) followed by another 50 drops the next day. My plan was to slowly raise the level of copper over 4 doses as oppose to only 2 doses as recommended. After the 1st dose copper tested at zero and 0.25 following the 2nd dose. Temp was 78 degrees and I had an air stone and powerhead going in addition to the HOB with only Bioballs. Yesterday following my weekly 50% WC and adding back 50 drops of Cupramine, my yellow and purple tang started breathing heavily and laying on their sides. I tested copper and it was reading just over 0.25 ppm. All other fish were doing fine and eating. In an effort to try and save these two fish, I decided to reduce the copper and did a 10 gallon WC and added carbon and cuprisorb. After doing this the purple tand appeared to be making a come back but the yellow tang did not look so good. I find it strange that my more sensitive fish like the Anthias, Achilles Tang and Blond Naso were doing fine, while the Yellow and Purple Tang were struggling?
I feed this with my frozen to keep the fish healthy, and metroplex only when I have a new guy or someone is sick. The focus binds the antibiotic and vitamins to the food
IMG_3256.JPG

OP
OP
Ortho281

Ortho281

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed this with my frozen to keep the fish healthy, and metroplex only when I have a new guy or someone is sick. The focus binds the antibiotic and vitamins to the food
IMG_3256.JPG
Thanks for the tip! I have been feeding Mysis, pellets and seaweed twice a day. I have also been adding bacteria with weekly WC. Hopefully they survive, but I'm still planning on going thru with copper treatment for 2 weeks to make sure there are no parasites going into the new tank.

OP
OP
Ortho281

Ortho281

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My original Blond Naso died suddenly after 1 week in QT prior to starting Cupramine. He was eating, getting along with his tank mates and no signs of parasites. He was replaced two days later with a slightly smaller one which seems to be doing well. I also lost one of my female Lyretails after noticing a cloudy left eye. There was some aggression or fighting between the three females so not sure if that was a factor. I may replace with another female or just stick with two females and one male.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 88 80.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back