OP
650-IS350

650-IS350

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted these zoas in another thread asking if it was a new morph. I purchased a full colony of common zoas from an import order and there was a single polyp in the middle that was was noticeably different. For the life of me I can't recall what the original colony looked like. I removed the single polyp and after several months it developed new polyps. All the new polyps look exactly like the original
If the new babies sprouting out are different to the looks of the parent and stay that way as the polyp increases in size then that is what I would think the original state of the polyp prior to morph. and the the parent polyp was a morph.

So in your polyp pictured above, if you have a bunch of new babies sprouting similar looks, patterns and characteristics as the parent and the looks stay that way as the baby polyps mature and start sprouting it's own polyps then that is a new polyp and not a morph of something else.

I hope I make sense here or get what I'm trying to get at., I just got back from a long meeting and brain still somewhat jumbled.

Fragged_it

Dremel_Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't quite follow that...

I separated a single polyp, from that 4 new polyps grew all looking identical to the polyp I separated.... if that helps... (?)

OP
OP
650-IS350

650-IS350

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Basically if the baby polyps growing out of that look identical and stay identical as the parent and never morph, new babies from that also stay the same the your polyp is a new type polyp that we don't have yet in the hobby.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 76 34.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.8%
Back