OP
OP
Chrisz

Chrisz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size tank do you have? I have not actually seen a 92 corner in person, I am having a hard time picturing how big it is. I did not have a choice on the shape of the aquarium, if I wanted to go bigger than my current 46 bow I had to go with a corner aquarium due to space in my house.

As for the aquascaping I would like to try something like you have with the caves, and some how not just pile up the rocks on the walls. I think what I will do is aquascaping it a couple different ways taking a picture with each attempt and post pictures to see what way everyone likes it.

OP
OP
Chrisz

Chrisz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have the swc 160 cone and love it! its pulling gunk out and i dont even have fish in the tank yet!!!

Alex how does the water exit this skimmer? The sump I purchased has a Bubble trap, I was wondering if the exit from the skimmer could be plumbed to the bubble trap. Any one elce have any experience with this brand of skimmer?

OP
OP
Chrisz

Chrisz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got the new 92 corner tank! Filling this thing is taking forever, I now have the tank full and am going to start filling the sump.

This is what I have so far for this set up
  • Aqueon 92 corner tank with corner over flow
  • Aqueon stand
  • Aqueon Pro Flex sump model 3 that I plan to set up as a refugeum
  • Eheim 1260 return pump
  • Eheim Jager 250w heater
The next thing I am looking to purchase is the skimmer, I only have about a 8" by 8" area for the skimmer. I was looking at the SWC Xtreme 160 Cone Protein Skimmer or the Reef Octpus Extreme 160 skimmer anyone have any other suggestions or experience with either of these skimmers? I added some pictures, the tank is cloudy because I just added the aragonite.

IMG_1760.jpg
IMG_1758.jpg

IBEW41

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what kind of power heads are you going to use and how many.I have a 36g corner and I use 3 1200 maxi jets I always had trouble with flow until I went with all 3 ph

OP
OP
Chrisz

Chrisz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over flow problem

I have not gotten far enough to figure out what dead spots I will have, or how many pumps I will need internally. I have been drooling over the EcoTech Marine power heads.

I am still trying to figure out what size return pump I am suppose use. I purchased a ehem 1260 that puts out 635 gph, 475 gph at 4' but it is too much for my over flow, it keeps filling then flushing. From what I under stand the over flow is suppose to handle 600 gph, what's happening!:cry:

I have been calling Aqueon non stop for days but I cant get them to answer the phone. Any any one know what size return pump I should use? I can restrict the ehem I have but I would prefer to just by the right size pump. I have been looking at the Aquatic life pump 2150 568 GPH thoughts?

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 11 9.8%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 48 42.9%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 52 46.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back