New Tank Cycle, need some help...

b0bby1

Zoa/Paly Collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys, i have a finnex 30 gallon tank that has been set up with water in it for 4 days now. 10 of the 25 gallons were from other tank which has been set up for a little over a year now and the other 15 gallons were freshly mixed. i checked all the parameters twice and everything is fine. i did put new sand in there instead of using my old sand. my question is, can i start transferring all my stuff from old tank to my new one? or does the tank still need to sit and cycle? like i said, all the parameters are fine. i did put some cheato in the fuge and a snail and hermit in the display yesterday, all seem to be doing fine.

the tank also came with a skimmer which is kind of loud. makes this constant thumping noise every few seconds. but the directions said it needs 3 weeks to break in and really start working. my question is, do i have to wait until it breaks in to transfer my fish and corals over?

OP
OP
b0bby1

b0bby1

Zoa/Paly Collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i threw in a piece that is about 3 pounds today. im gonna put another small piece in there tommorow and swap 5 gallons of new tank water with my old 20 gallon upstairs. do you think i can start adding stuff slowly?

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 168 72.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%
Back