New to R2R :) wanted to just say hello everyone

YES

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone[emoji4]
This is my second day of being active on R2R I had my account since last June but was never really active was busy with life .
My name is Yana and my husband is Eugene I always loved saltwater water aquarium but it was always too expensive for us. One year ago my husband got us a 120 gallon aquarium and we both fell in love with the hobby. Now we have 3 aquarium in the house one in my husband office a 40 gallon and a 32 gal cube in our bedroom And 2 frag tank in the garage:).

We went on vacation in December and when we came back Jan 2 it turned out the night before the breaker went off because a lil leak and we lost 19 fish and some corals :( I have now 9 fish that survived my babies I wanted to quit We were so upset but didn’t give up and already had purchased a 300 gallon

On Sunday will start our upgrade to a 300 gallon tank [emoji4] I will start a build tread so you everyone can see . I would love to help with what I know and would love feedback from experts on here too [emoji4]
Nice to meet everyone

Last edited:

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! Welcome!

giphy.gif

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone[emoji4]
This is my second day of being active on R2R I had my account since last June but was never really active was busy with life .
My name is Yana and my husband is Eugene I always loved saltwater water aquarium but it was always too expensive for us. One year ago my husband got us a 120 gallon aquarium and we both fell in love with the hobby. Now we have 3 aquarium in the house one in my husband office a 40 gallon and a 32 gal cube in our bedroom And 2 frag tank in the garage:).

We went on vacation in December and when we came back Jan 2 it turned out the night before the breaker went off because a lil leak and we lost 19 fish and some corals :( I have now 9 fish that survived my babies I wanted to quit We were so upset but didn’t give up and already had purchased a 300 gallon

On Sunday will start our upgrade to a 300 gallon tank [emoji4] I will start a build tread so you everyone can see . I would love to help with what I know and would love feedback from experts on here too [emoji4]
Nice to meet everyone
Welcome! Sorry about your power outage, let’s prevent that for the future!

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R.

Vacations can be/are a huge issue for people with reef tanks. I'm really sorry for your loss, and rest assured that many of us have suffered some kind of big loss while in the hobby. I had a 180g tank spring a 30gph leak that could not be reached and 2 year later I had a chiller fail in the on mode and dropped water to below 60F and killed all the branching and plating sps corals in my 120g tank (80% of all the coral).

Being retired we go on trips more now than ever. An because we have a cat, we have a friend who stops by and feeds the cat twice a day. So she also feeds the fish (I prepare the food and quantities before hand). But that means I have eyes on the tank twice a day and she can call me if there is a concern. An Apex system could also alert you to some issues like a power outage, but you still need somebody to have access to your house that can resolve the problem while you are away.

Best of luck with your new system.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome home, you will love it here!

Sorry about the troubles, that’s unfortunate. I get it though, believe me. Many of us do.

Keep us posted with that 300 gallon build with lots of pics! :)

hotashes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s cool when you get the tank build going and everyone come by and says hi/gives advice. This is a size nobody can miss, unlike me 14G nano everybody misses that tank build *grin*

If you want to see 1’ Maxima clam or Crocea or even Derasa then pop by, it’s all in my tiny nano ;)

A.

OP
OP
YES

YES

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R.

Vacations can be/are a huge issue for people with reef tanks. I'm really sorry for your loss, and rest assured that many of us have suffered some kind of big loss while in the hobby. I had a 180g tank spring a 30gph leak that could not be reached and 2 year later I had a chiller fail in the on mode and dropped water to below 60F and killed all the branching and plating sps corals in my 120g tank (80% of all the coral).

Being retired we go on trips more now than ever. An because we have a cat, we have a friend who stops by and feeds the cat twice a day. So she also feeds the fish (I prepare the food and quantities before hand). But that means I have eyes on the tank twice a day and she can call me if there is a concern. An Apex system could also alert you to some issues like a power outage, but you still need somebody to have access to your house that can resolve the problem while you are away.

Best of luck with your new system.

Sorry for your losses and yes I understand we also had my sister in law to feed and look and my sister came and tested the water ones for that 12 days we were gone . My sister in laws feed the fish at 6 pm that night and at 7 the power to the aquarium went out we arrived the next day at 6 so we have apex but since we were in a different country and on plane we didn’t get the notification:(

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 69 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 49 25.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 62 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.1%
Back