New to the forum. Lexington SC

Aaron H.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, ive just joined the forum, hoping to meet new people, learn some stuff, have a good time. anyways, My name is Aaron, Im 23. I work full time as a Firefighter. I work part time as an ER tech in the local Emergency Room. I just got married on April 8th. I have always been into aquarium, always had fresh water settups. but about 4 years ago i bought a JBJ 24G nano cube and had that up and running for a few months untill someone (brother and friend) thought it would be funny to place a cup full of pennys and about $5 worth of feeder fish in my aquarium....sooo needless to say i took the tank down after everything died and the aquarium just sat in my room.. well in May of 2010, i decided to take another go at salt water. So i set the Nano cube up at my, at the time, Fiance's place.

Anyways, here are some pictures of the nano cube at day 1

ALL pics are iPhone pics
4a0084a1.jpg

16245cd0.jpg

And here it is one year later. still nothing amazing, but it definitaly has filled out and grown.
cbc4ce95.jpg

2dd3c71b.jpg

cad31734.jpg

e9503696.jpg

And finally a couple weeks ago i rearranged the rocks, so this is how it looks today.

0ae6386a.jpg

So tell me what you think. The good, the bad, just tell me. I am upgrading to LEDs soon. I wanna get away from the PCs that came with the cube. but thats for another day.

2 Clowns
1 Purple Firefish
1 Fire Shrimp
1 Urchin
random hermits and snails
few different mushrooms
Torch coral
Leather Coral
star polyps
xenya
kenya tree
Manacina

Im sure im missing some stuff, but you get the idea.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 195 71.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 20 7.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 50 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.6%
Back