New to the Hobby!

Fish7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

I am new to the saltwater aquarium hobby and am excited to hear from seasoned people on what to and what not to do! I have completely cycled my tank and gave it time to make sure it was good. I recently went and got my first few live critters! I have a zoanthid, a montipora, and a turbo snail! I am in search of a few more specific corals and want to get my first few fish soon! I got corals first to ensure that my water was good and not going to kill anything! I want to know where you buy your corals and if you have any beginner tips!
Thanks so much!

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

I am new to the saltwater aquarium hobby and am excited to hear from seasoned people on what to and what not to do! I have completely cycled my tank and gave it time to make sure it was good. I recently went and got my first few live critters! I have a zoanthid, a montipora, and a turbo snail! I am in search of a few more specific corals and want to get my first few fish soon! I got corals first to ensure that my water was good and not going to kill anything! I want to know where you buy your corals and if you have any beginner tips!
Thanks so much!
You have found yourself a fantastic forum to join. Everyone is fabulous and the veteran reefers take time out of their lives to help when they can. I'm glad you started your new tank. Your zoa should do great, but don't be surprised if you have some trouble with the monti. They sometimes need a more established tank to grow well. (I know this tidbit from my own experience (and dead montipora). Welcome to R2R!
Girl Snorkel Hello.gif

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!!

AnimationWave.gif

Check out the articles section of R2R and also the pinned threads in the sub-forums - we're glad you're here!

OP
OP
Fish7

Fish7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the reef,
My corals come mostly from fellow reefers that frag there colonies and some from local fish stores. But I am in California where the hobby is very popular.
Where do you get the corals you have now?
Thank you!
There is a saltwater fish store about an hour away from my house, which is not far but also not convenient! I live in GA. I have not found a fish store that I am in love with yet, but I am still trying! I am 100% afraid of online buying!

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a saltwater fish store about an hour away from my house, which is not far but also not convenient! I live in GA. I have not found a fish store that I am in love with yet, but I am still trying! I am 100% afraid of online buying!
Where in GA, I also live here.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just outside of Atlanta, right off I20.
I live in Carrollton, GA. I buy all my stuff online, I have had great luck from TSA, Battlecorals, Legendary corals, Cherry corals, and such. I buy my fish from fishy business aquatics. I buy everything online.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 12.1%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 28 42.4%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 27 40.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back