New Year, New Giveaway: Win a DELTEC Skimmer! - A R2R Exclusive Contest

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Lou Szakmary

View Badges
Reaction score
Subscribed, YouTube username = [email protected]. I would like a video that discuses lighting t-5 & LED, individual and combinations with PAR/LUX levels they produce at different depths in tanks.

Cappagli82

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I would like to see videos on a few things.....Algae scrubbers (pros and cons) or algae scrubbers vs refugium, office tanks and the equipment used, most accurate test kits and what you should be testing for on a weekly/daily basis, cheap equipment vs expensive equipment, easiest corals for beginners and how to care for them.

User name: Heather Cappagli [email protected]

BlakeH

View Badges
Reaction score
Subscribed. [email protected]

I’d love to see cost comparisons for the different reefing approaches.

new-year-giveaway-2018-social-v2.png

Hi Fellow Reefers,

Robert, Kelly, and the rest of the crew are hard at work filming new Marine Depot videos to release in the New Year.

We wanted to invite you all to join us on our adventures in reefkeeping in 2018 by subscribing to our YouTube channel!

Once you subscribe (or if you are already a subscriber), reply to this thread with your YouTube username along with 1 topic or product you'd like us to cover in the New Year!

On 2/1/18 we will choose 1 lucky R2R member/MD YouTube subscriber from this thread to receive a FREE Deltec SCA 1351 Protein Skimmer—a beast of a skimmer and a $379 value!

We'll also send a snazzy Marine Depot T-shirt and some handy plug labels to 5 random R2R members just for helping us out with fresh content ideas. :D

Thank you in advance to everyone for participating and GOOD LUCK!

Warm regards,

Jeff @ Marine Depot

Blake

schizox

View Badges
Reaction score
Subbed!
YouTube name: schizox

Would like to see videos for beginner builds for people that do not want to use an AIO system, or more videos with the same style of the $275 build vid, making a monthly or bi weekly build setup with the products that are available. Also unboxing style videos, specifically as how they are packed and shipped from your store to us, like you unbox and show the content of the product, but also show how it will be packed and boxed for shipping.

jlanger

View Badges
Reaction score
jlanger; YouTube subscriber name.

I'd like to see a comparison of various biological filtration media and any potential side effects from using them.

Mini Coop

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Subscribed WITH notifications:
Jena Cooper - [email protected] - Just getting my channel started, all fish videos so far! :)

Video ideas:
1. Proper cycling of a tank from start to finish with specific steps and tests to follow. Step by step guide. Maybe the difference between cycling with dry rock and live rock as well.
2. Lighting - how to measure PAR and detail education videos on how to understand PAR
3. Along with that - what corals require what kind of light? Also - corals and flow.
4. I know this might not be your thing, but would love to see some videos on how to program some of the pumps that you have, like the gyre - not a great instruction book! Sometimes it is just helpful to have videos of how to get the settings you want, and how to program them, and love using videos from places like you, place of purchase is always more helpful!

Alright - more than one idea, but things I have been looking for and not finding quality of! :)

jokkor

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Jokko453

Lets cover advanced controller programming notifications.

NoGo18

View Badges
Reaction score
I'm a subscriber my youtube username is R5E and I would like you to talk more about lighting or dry rock vs live rock

toli

View Badges
Reaction score
Travis Oliphant
How water parameters affects corals. Keeping corals that like dirty water with corals that like clean water.

Paul Howard

View Badges
Reaction score
Subscribed. Paul Smith (really) How about Kalk vs 2 part dosing for KH/CA. I use Kalk, have not added KH in many months

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back