OP
OP
S

Sushinko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. You say your tank is about 2mo old? Did your tank completely cycle ( 0 ammonia and 0 Nitrites ) prior to adding the inhabitants including the existing Torch? Seems awfully quick to be adding a Torch or any coral IMO. Can you provide a complete set of parameters ( NO3, PO4, Alk, Cal, Mag, NH3, and NO2 )?
The fish store said water was good, I’ve had them test it a few times as well. don’t know about it ever being down to zero. I got a Red Sea test kit and have been testing
It periodically. I don’t have a test for cal or mag. I’ll retest tomorrow and post I was told to do 1/3 water changes weekly by the salt water store I deal with. I buy the water from them. The specific gravity is 1.024 With the refractometer. I was feeding brightwell coral food, every couple days and I feed mini mysis shrimp to the fish

1112-425XL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20231004_142712.gif

Driceftw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Always find it helpful to really inspect the flesh on new torches and act quickly if anything seems off. Cipro dips are great preventative for euphyllia (a KFC dip is even better). Sometimes torches don't take to change to well and couple that with a little flesh damage and they can take a turn for the worse fairly quickly. Some heads just never bounce back once the flesh recedes enough and the head starts to peel.

Buckster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and Welcome to R2R! I added a leather coral to my tank after two months. The leather did not survive! Now that the tank is 3 1/2 years running, I can add anything. As I always say, have patience and add slowly

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back