No Clue at All and It’s Growing

His Coral Highness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It grew from a greenish mat to the point that now I’m noticing polyps? sprouting from it. Right at the end of my yellow zoas. Pictures under white light.
IMG_5504.jpeg
IMG_5505.jpeg
IMG_5507.jpeg

Macdaddynick1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Acropora. That’s how I got my Firegarden. It was a flat brown encrusted thing and as soon and I started dosing Kalk to my first tank it took off. The worst thing that happened to me. As soon as that happened I immediately became addicted to keeping acros.

OP
OP
His Coral Highness

His Coral Highness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Acropora. That’s how I got my Firegarden. It was a flat brown encrusted thing and as soon and I started dosing Kalk to my first tank it took off. The worst thing that happened to me. As soon as that happened I immediately became addicted to keeping acros.
Huh.. yeah I thought it looked almost like an actual coral. So what, a tiny little piece of acropora just was in the water column and settled and started to grow? I guess that’s not really a “pest” then. Should I be concerned with how close the zoanthid colony is to it?

Macdaddynick1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Huh.. yeah I thought it looked almost like an actual coral. So what, a tiny little piece of acropora just was in the water column and settled and started to grow? I guess that’s not really a “pest” then. Should I be concerned with how close the zoanthid colony is to it?
It was likely on the rock when you got it, and it sat there for a while, probably browned out until the conditions were right. Just keep the zoos from smothering it and you should be good.

OP
OP
His Coral Highness

His Coral Highness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was likely on the rock when you got it, and it sat there for a while, probably browned out until the conditions were right. Just keep the zoos from smothering it and you should be good.
Even if I bought the rock as dry rock? I’ve had that piece for probably about 2 years in my tank but I bought it as dry rock

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back