Noo-Psyche K7 Mini WiFi Control

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have the same problem with the mini, if I put the password the app won't let me change the IP , if I change de IP the app won't let me put the password.
I just received two of the K7 Pro III and cannot program them. In LAN mode it pulls my router's IP address incorrectly and will not let me change it. Please advise.
The IP can't be edit manually. What's the OS version? If your mobile phone is IOS16.0 and above, It is very likely that there is a bug in the system after the upgrade, which leads to problems with the use of the Noopsyche APP. The Iphone used by our testers for testing has not been upgraded to IOS16

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have found the K7 to be rather finicky with regard to wifi connectivity - not unheard of with IoT devices, as they have rather stripped down wireless chipsets that often don't negotiate complex 2.4GHz handshakes very well.

I plan to (time depending) do a bit of packet discovery with a few of my Enterprise APs to attempt to see what part of the contract negotiation is failing on the Access Points that I can not get to work with the K7. I Assume it is some of the extend 802.11 feature enhancements offered by many modern 2.4GHz radios.

The device appears to be DHCP only - so it will pull an address if it can connect. If you need it to be static, you will need to assign via mac/dhcp

The "edit" ip functionality in the app allows you to manually enter the last octet of the IP address of already configured devices so that you can connect to them and control them... once they have been setup, at least for me, I can change the IP and don't have to enter the password again (it is stored) and can switch between already provisioned light fixtures. The app is clunky in this regard but works.

For those confused in the app "router password" refers to the SSID password, not the password of your actual router.

Jeeperz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got the light after 3.5 weeks. Did everyone else's light come with a low quality power supply. Literally no ratings on it, no UL, no CE, no FCC, nothing. Not sure I trust it to not burn the house down.

On another note, how safe/trustworthy is the app? I'm trying to find an old phone to use for the wifi but currently can't, so my only option currently is my phone.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not super excited about the lack of ratings either, but being pragmatic the majority of imported wire and electronics have fake ratings stamped on them anyway.

Jeeperz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not super excited about the lack of ratings either, but being pragmatic the majority of imported wire and electronics have fake ratings stamped on them anyway.
Never really thought of that. Most everything I purchase is large name items so I have a little more faith in those ratings being real, just a little. This is the first straight from china thing I've ever purchased so a tad nervous, especially since the P.S. seems lesser quality than harbor freight. Maybe I'll plug it into an arc fault outlet just in case

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never really thought of that. Most everything I purchase is large name items so I have a little more faith in those ratings being real, just a little. This is the first straight from china thing I've ever purchased so a tad nervous, especially since the P.S. seems lesser quality than harbor freight. Maybe I'll plug it into an arc fault outlet just in case
The dirty secret is that over the last 20 years, even big brands don‘t know or care where supply chain components come from in many cases. What was spec’d and wha go substituted a year later….

You have a photo of your supplies? Mine have FCC and CE badges… but I would never bother trying to go look up the approvals.

Jeeperz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's interesting. Guess nobody really cares about the safety ratings then. Except don't they lose the ul listing if they change anything about the item that was UL tested.

It's been plugged in for maybe an hour and is hot down by where the wire comes in.

Any thoughts on the safety of the app? I've had my id stolen before and what a nightmare, I try to be careful about stuff like that, especially since it's not listed on the play store, not that that makes it any safer

Attachments

• 16734914802755921620433193698880.jpg
    16734914802755921620433193698880.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 85

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this the mini? My K7 Pro III fixtures have aluminum heatsinked supplies.

The output on that is rated 24V 3A
So 72 Watts

I would say that is a bit smaller than I would expect for a 75W fixture…. But I have no clue how much current the mini actually draws at full power.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would expect it to run pretty warm at full power. It is a decent size brick for 3A. I hav no is what the topology inside is though. LD-2430 appears to b pretty common with China LED strips, CCTV, small Ethernet switches, etc.

Jeeperz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no clue what power it is running,I just plugged it in without running the app. Appears extremely blue though, more so than my hydra26hd's with 5% white

Chuplen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. Sorry bad english. I'm from Brazil. Just bought this light and connect to my LAN. I use a Android smartphone, Xiaomi. But I cant automate the light. Just work if I was in the wifi web and open the app. For exemplo, 9pm the light should turn off. But dont. The time can flies that the light stay with the same power. But if I open the app then it turns off. Is there a way to automate the k7 mini? I mean, I Need go out and work. How can my Reef have the daily settings? Thank you so much

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. Sorry bad english. I'm from Brazil. Just bought this light and connect to my LAN. I use a Android smartphone, Xiaomi. But I cant automate the light. Just work if I was in the wifi web and open the app. For exemplo, 9pm the light should turn off. But dont. The time can flies that the light stay with the same power. But if I open the app then it turns off. Is there a way to automate the k7 mini? I mean, I Need go out and work. How can my Reef have the daily settings? Thank you so much
Can you show us an image of your scheduling also....your connected via lan or ap mode? Typically for scheduling depending on yours it runs as long as it is saved. If i am understanding correctly you have the schedule set but it isnt functioning unless your on the app itself then it does. Is the only wifi you have via your phone? If the light doesnt have consistent wifi it wont run the schedule even. Try running it via ap mode and see if that fixes the problem....feel free to message me personally and ill assist you the best i can...

Chuplen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you show us an image of your scheduling also....your connected via lan or ap mode? Typically for scheduling depending on yours it runs as long as it is saved. If i am understanding correctly you have the schedule set but it isnt functioning unless your on the app itself then it does. Is the only wifi you have via your phone? If the light doesnt have consistent wifi it wont run the schedule even. Try running it via ap mode and see if that fixes the problem....feel free to message me personally and ill assist you the best i can...

You will save me!! Lets go, I use LAN mode, the standard LPs function. Ive connected the LAN, the wifi router is near the light. Theres a 5.0 wifi too but with onother name. I just follow the YouTube tutorial, choose the mode, the function, save, start the demo and save again. Can the AP mode do the job that I want? One information, I choose the automatic mode on lps standard. Theres a manual custom but I cannot find the hour options to turn on and turn off

Attachments

• 16818629183717315452780009647242.jpg
    16818629183717315452780009647242.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 79

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anybody with a Mini test my QR code generator. I don't have a mini so did not design for it.

@Chuplen there is no difference between LAN and APP mode other than how you connect your phone to them.

Chuplen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will save me!! Lets go, I use LAN mode, the standard LPs function. Ive connected the LAN, the wifi router is near the light. Theres a 5.0 wifi too but with onother name. I just follow the YouTube tutorial, choose the mode, the function, save, start the demo and save again. Can the AP mode do the job that I want? One information, I choose the automatic mode on lps standard. Theres a manual custom but I cannot find the hour options to turn on and turn off
I changed the light power to test. When I enter in lps mode a message say something like: "connection is establiahing" And "data connection stablished"

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-04-18-21-20-27-843_com.nemo.caideng.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-04-18-21-20-27-843_com.nemo.caideng.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 84
  • Screenshot_2023-04-18-21-20-27-843_com.nemo.caideng.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-04-18-21-20-27-843_com.nemo.caideng.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 66
  • Screenshot_2023-04-18-21-24-43-383_com.nemo.caideng.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-04-18-21-24-43-383_com.nemo.caideng.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 71

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So when saving your channel shouldnt be putting it into demo just choose your setting and save....the place to change the settings for the light frequencies it is under time point settings....it will give you all the times and what percentages the times are set to. Picture1 is how to get to time settings picture2 is the time settings.
20230418_182529.jpg
20230418_182457.jpg

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
maybe this will work for you

It was made for the K7 Pro III

But may work with the mini.

Chuplen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So when saving your channel shouldnt be putting it into demo just choose your setting and save....the place to change the settings for the light frequencies it is under time point settings....it will give you all the times and what percentages the times are set to. Picture1 is how to get to time settings picture2 is the time settings.
20230418_182529.jpg
20230418_182457.jpg
Hmmm I just follow the steps in tutorial but I will try. I spent all My day trying to solve this

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 71 30.0%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 67 28.3%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 50 21.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 47 19.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.8%
Back