Noo-Psyche programing help

OnlyGenusCaps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently received the Noo-Psyche pro III light. I've been running into issues with the app generally. I was able to finally get it to connect, and finally able to custom adjust the lights, but I can't get the schedule to run for the custom settings. I've worked with the online chat, and they translated the alert message that's in Chinese from when I try to save the schedule. Apparently it is saying it has "saved" the schedule. But that seems false. The interface doesn't go to display post-save that the instructions claim, i.e. I can't then run the demo mode. And the light never turns off as programmed.

The chat folks now want me to post a video to Facebook. Well, I've never had a Facebook account, and don't really want to sign up just because they have decided to pass off customer service to that. The chat is pretty inconvenient anyhow because of a language barrier (my Chinese is non-existent), and the time difference between here (States) and China. They seemed to get frustrated I wasn't answering them at 3am. :face-with-tears-of-joy: If I can't get this figured out, I suppose I can just run the thing off a plug-in light timer, but it's a bit of a bummer given the control I was sold on. I hate app controlled devices, the app are rarely anything but added problems. I wish they would just have a direct interface!

What I am hoping for is that perhaps someone here has run into the same issue and has suggestions. Or, because it looks like the @noopsyche account here is just for promos, perhaps @Zach B has suggestions about next steps. Also, I thought I recalled I could buy a direct control maybe, but I didn't see one on the site. Maybe it's just out of stock for now? Really, anyone with direct experience that could suggest something I could try next (except "get a Facebook account") would be really welcome!

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm sorry you're having issues connecting. While I am trying to educate myself on the new lights connection/app issues, I mainly just deal with sales and distribution for Noo-Psyche. I am still running the non wifi version as well. What I can do is Bump this thread and tag some great folks who know more than I do when it comes to the new version. Best of luck, hopefully this will be easier in the near future :) @Gtinnel @exnisstech @tbrown3589 @Sleeping Giant @N1tew0lf1212 @Jonreefer

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The app is absolutely terrible. Try uploading a QR code and saving it.

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently received the Noo-Psyche pro III light. I've been running into issues with the app generally. I was able to finally get it to connect, and finally able to custom adjust the lights, but I can't get the schedule to run for the custom settings. I've worked with the online chat, and they translated the alert message that's in Chinese from when I try to save the schedule. Apparently it is saying it has "saved" the schedule. But that seems false. The interface doesn't go to display post-save that the instructions claim, i.e. I can't then run the demo mode. And the light never turns off as programmed.

The chat folks now want me to post a video to Facebook. Well, I've never had a Facebook account, and don't really want to sign up just because they have decided to pass off customer service to that. The chat is pretty inconvenient anyhow because of a language barrier (my Chinese is non-existent), and the time difference between here (States) and China. They seemed to get frustrated I wasn't answering them at 3am. :face-with-tears-of-joy: If I can't get this figured out, I suppose I can just run the thing off a plug-in light timer, but it's a bit of a bummer given the control I was sold on. I hate app controlled devices, the app are rarely anything but added problems. I wish they would just have a direct interface!

What I am hoping for is that perhaps someone here has run into the same issue and has suggestions. Or, because it looks like the @noopsyche account here is just for promos, perhaps @Zach B has suggestions about next steps. Also, I thought I recalled I could buy a direct control maybe, but I didn't see one on the site. Maybe it's just out of stock for now? Really, anyone with direct experience that could suggest something I could try next (except "get a Facebook account") would be really welcome!
the controller is only for the V3 versions. there should also be a controller version with the new lights for those of us who prefer to not have it on our devices and just locked away in our cabinets with the other controllers, something for @noopsyche to look into. maybe.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
the controller is only for the V3 versions. there should also be a controller version with the new lights for those of us who prefer to not have it on our devices and just locked away in our cabinets with the other controllers, something for @noopsyche to look into. maybe.

Not entirely true... The BETTER controller is for the V3. My Pro II uses the OLD controller with the sensitive wheel.
Major Payne GIF

Cry Baby Fx GIF by BasketsFX
The Goldbergs Feelings GIF by TV Land

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Please feel free to reach out connection is in my blood i guess. Yes i did just help another be able to connect as well as trouble shooting for others lets get a message chat going and ill get you online amd help hopefully with your schedule issues.

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@OrchidMiss just went through this and @N1tew0lf1212 helped walk her through it I believe? All of mine are controller versions.
Yes although I am not a noop rep for troubleshooting and repairs I have gained a lot of knowledge with there new products. (Wifi models) if anyone is ever having any issues please feel free to reach out at any point and I will do my best to assist in resolving the issue you might be experiencing. Lets all work together to help these lights reach tanks all over the world as they are amazing lights and an awesome product for the price. @noopsyche lets talk about maybe setting up a troubleshooting and help representative in the states to help accommodate for those here to get assistance with your product I would love to help.

V A R I A N T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I programmed mine by connecting through the access point, not Wi-Fi. Once you verify the light is in AP mode, download and install the Noo-Psyche app on your mobile device. In your mobile device Wi-Fi settings, select the AP network per the instructions. Once connected, open the Noo-Psyche app. Click the avatar in the upper right and select connect with AP mode and click save. Click yes on any permission prompts to connect to this AP. From here, wait about 15 seconds. Next, choose the light mode you want to modify. I chose SPS for my tank, and you can choose LPS, or SPSLPS. Once connected, you will be able to modify the time intervals and spectrums. First, click the auto slider on the top right. Next, modify the time intervals for the time of day with any ramp up or ramp down variables. I programmed my lights to turn on at 12:00, and turn off at 22:00. I also set the specturm percentages for every hour within that window. Once they are set to your liking, click close on the time settings pane. Then click save in the lower right when viewing the overall program. And now you can click demo to see the light run, or you can close. You have to enable the slider for auto if you want the automatic ramp up ramp down. Hope this helps!

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PS - that was all from memory so please excuse anything I may have overlooked
Your memory is very good and I would say you nailed it. There are some things I am concerned about like the op stated he has clicked the save and its stating he has saved the program it is not converting to the chart that was saved....I might have a possible solution for that. I have reached out to the op via a pm. I hope we can get this resolved. Awesome step by step I say screen shot for future questions as its spot on.

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not entirely true... The BETTER controller is for the V3. My Pro II uses the OLD controller with the sensitive wheel.
Major Payne GIF

Cry Baby Fx GIF by BasketsFX
The Goldbergs Feelings GIF by TV Land
I have the V3 controller too. I've seen the V2 version and it looked meh. lol
I like the V3 controller, it could use a bit of help though, but what doesn't.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have the V3 controller too. I've seen the V2 version and it looked meh. lol
I like the V3 controller, it could use a bit of help though, but what doesn't.
I have both. Actually, I run my Pro II on the controller, the two V3 140s on a controller, and the 75 watt V3 on a separate controller. I could probably run the 75 as a second program on the first V3 controller but I was too lazy.

OP
OP
OnlyGenusCaps

OnlyGenusCaps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, R2R never disappoints! So many helpful folks in a short span of time. Thanks all!

I programmed mine by connecting through the access point, not Wi-Fi. Once you verify the light is in AP mode, download and install the Noo-Psyche app on your mobile device. In your mobile device Wi-Fi settings, select the AP network per the instructions. Once connected, open the Noo-Psyche app. Click the avatar in the upper right and select connect with AP mode and click save. Click yes on any permission prompts to connect to this AP. From here, wait about 15 seconds. Next, choose the light mode you want to modify. I chose SPS for my tank, and you can choose LPS, or SPSLPS. Once connected, you will be able to modify the time intervals and spectrums. First, click the auto slider on the top right. Next, modify the time intervals for the time of day with any ramp up or ramp down variables. I programmed my lights to turn on at 12:00, and turn off at 22:00. I also set the specturm percentages for every hour within that window. Once they are set to your liking, click close on the time settings pane. Then click save in the lower right when viewing the overall program. And now you can click demo to see the light run, or you can close. You have to enable the slider for auto if you want the automatic ramp up ramp down. Hope this helps!

Solid memory! I did all of that. Just like that. Then...

There are some things I am concerned about like the op stated he has clicked the save and its stating he has saved the program it is not converting to the chart that was saved

This is where my experience diverged @V A R I A N T 's. It gave me a "saved" message (but in Chinese), and then never saved apparently.

I might have a possible solution for that. I have reached out to the op via a pm.

Thanks! I see the DM. I'll reply there as not to clutter up the forum with my probably stupid mistakes.

Thanks again everyone!

fr3n0z

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hi, i am having the same issue but with a k3 mini, did you solve the problem? If so, can you hint me?

I am scanning a QR code, clic save, i see the lamp color/strenght change based on setting of model, then i save and exit but i've noticed once out the light does not do anything more than that. IF it's on stays on on same strenght even when should be completely off, it never follow the program. THEN if i log in back in the app and connect to the lamp, it update and goes right at the good spot....but when i log off is back at it again stay where it is and does not move.

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, i am having the same issue but with a k3 mini, did you solve the problem? If so, can you hint me?

I am scanning a QR code, clic save, i see the lamp color/strenght change based on setting of model, then i save and exit but i've noticed once out the light does not do anything more than that. IF it's on stays on on same strenght even when should be completely off, it never follow the program. THEN if i log in back in the app and connect to the lamp, it update and goes right at the good spot....but when i log off is back at it again stay where it is and does not move.
@noopsyche this seems to be starting to become a trend what is the appropriate thing to do at this point i have never had this issue on any of my lights and troubleshooting at this point has been unsuccesful....

Have you tried the ap mode to see if it works on the other connection process?

fr3n0z

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@noopsyche this seems to be starting to become a trend what is the appropriate thing to do at this point i have never had this issue on any of my lights and troubleshooting at this point has been unsuccesful....

Have you tried the ap mode to see if it works on the other connection process?
Hi, i have already tried, AP, lan, uninstall and reinstall app, aswell as many times factory reset, etc. One thing i've noticed:

When i go in the app, if i select manual, then i get out of the app, then the led stays red. If i go on the app, i set AUTO, save and it goes blu, when i get out of the app at this point, the led after 4/5 second, starts flashing red and does not follow the program.

If i press L it goes Red fixed in manual mode, when i press L again it goes fixed blue but still it does NOT follow the program. @noopsyche too :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 146 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back