Now what? Ich and Fluke treatment!

zatchyvsalt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

So I have just completed the 30day ich treatment for my fish in copper power within therapeutic levels. I just moved my 1Gem Tang, 1Hippo Tang, 1 Clown, 1 lawnmower, 1 social wrasse, 4 fire goby, and 4 cardinals into a 40 gallon breeder, running a HOB filter and wave maker.

I am going to treat for flukes using Prazi pro. Then after prazi pro observe for the remaining 3weeks before returning them to my MD.

My question is, since I finished copper treatment today, should I wait to treat for flukes (like a week or two) or should I begin treatment ASAP, (which would be tomorrow). Yes they do have flukes I Freshwater dipped to confirm.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hey all,

So I have just completed the 30day ich treatment for my fish in copper power within therapeutic levels. I just moved my 1Gem Tang, 1Hippo Tang, 1 Clown, 1 lawnmower, 1 social wrasse, 4 fire goby, and 4 cardinals into a 40 gallon breeder, running a HOB filter and wave maker.

I am going to treat for flukes using Prazi pro. Then after prazi pro observe for the remaining 3weeks before returning them to my MD.

My question is, since I finished copper treatment today, should I wait to treat for flukes (like a week or two) or should I begin treatment ASAP, (which would be tomorrow). Yes they do have flukes I Freshwater dipped to confirm.
You can begin treatment now and apply prazi Pro dosing initial dosage known as an interval for 8 days, do a water change and do one more 8 day dose interval
Use airstone with prazi as it does reduce both oxygen and appetite. If running a skimmer, leave cup off first 24 hrs as skimmer will go nuts from the glycol solution in Prazi

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

If you saw Neobenedenia flukes in the dip (the large ones, like white ovals) You might want to dose with prazi 3x - and move the fish to the DT the morning after the third treatment.

Be sure to aerate the tank really well during prazipro treatments.

Jay

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back