Official Prayer Thread!! (Prayer Request)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

|Frank|

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want everyone to stop pray for thanksgiving. Our God is so good and merciful. Just the fact we wake up and experience His creation whether its outdoors or in the tanks in our homes is a blessing. One reason why I love this hobby so much is seeing the creativity by not only God's hands with His creatures, but by the hands of His people. From the huge tanks to the smallest, the imagination that goes into these amazes me. Just wanted to give a word of encouragement to everyone and remind you all there is so much to be thankful for everyday.

1680811093953.png

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reef family. I'm asking for prayers for my dad. For the last several weeks he's been having heart attack symptoms, but all tests show no heart attack. He's always been in good health and works out regularly, but since this started he has been so fatigued that he's unable to walk across the room at times. He's been rushed to the hospital 5 different times, but despite all testing, they've been unable to find anything. Today, he's been rushed to the hospital again and is now experiencing heart attack and stroke symptoms together. I appreciate prayers for him.
Hey Brother
I was searching for this thread, ( prayer for wisdom and help with family issues, please and thank you) and searching brought me to your post and your Dad’s physical issues. I hope they are resolved positively? Kind of sounds like a “long-Covid” challenge, we’re seeing lighter but similar results, perhaps, in our home. My prayers are for health and wellness for you and your family. I hope to show for a Good Friday service later today and trust that His comfort is poured out onto all of us.
Kris

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey Brother
I was searching for this thread, ( prayer for wisdom and help with family issues, please and thank you) and searching brought me to your post and your Dad’s physical issues. I hope they are resolved positively? Kind of sounds like a “long-Covid” challenge, we’re seeing lighter but similar results, perhaps, in our home. My prayers are for health and wellness for you and your family. I hope to show for a Good Friday service later today and trust that His comfort is poured out onto all of us.
Kris
Thanks for praying, Kris. Thankfully, over time the episodes finally subsided. It took a really long time, but I'm happy to report that it has now been 6 months since dad's last episode. He dealt with fatigue for a while after that, but seems to have fully recovered at this point. They did decide that it was essentially "long-Covid". We praise God for his healing!

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for praying, Kris. Thankfully, over time the episodes finally subsided. It took a really long time, but I'm happy to report that it has now been 6 months since dad's last episode. He dealt with fatigue for a while after that, but seems to have fully recovered at this point. They did decide that it was essentially "long-Covid". We praise God for his healing!
This is encouraging because my wife and my own health issues are exacerbated, we believe, by the same novel ways that Dr. Fauci’s “made in China” virus has impacted millions of people worldwide. We are asking believers to pray for all of us around the globe, including myself and my wife that God would pour out healing mercy on all those people who are suffering with illness as we begin to celebrate the resurrection of His only begotten Son Jesus who also suffered and died so that hope can be given to those people who He is saving.

Again, on so many levels the report of your Pop’s recovery is wonderful. Happy Easter/ Holy Week to all.
Kris

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Praise for God’s blessings in using people as his hands to cure.

While at a 6am men’s life group this past Wednsday, I experienced the beginning of a heart attack, which I attributed to indigestion. When I returned home with continued tight chest, when I took blood pressure (210/110), I immediately called 911 and took a large dose of aspirin. When paramedics arrived, they hooked up EKG and immediately gave me nitroglycerin under the tongue. In the ride to hospital, I was given several more doses of nitro.
Apparantly, nitroglycerin expands blood vessels reducing blood pressure, similarly to THC.

Wednsday at 2pm an angiogram was performed using wrist artery. Cardiologist found two blockages and installed 3 stents, so that I am now “fit for purpose”. Just not sure what purpose God has for me at 75 years old. Considering that I am fit for purpose, I meditate & pray on God’s Purpose. So, I quote my favorite scripture because God wants bold in our walk.

Romans 12:1-2
”Therefore I urge you, brothers and sisters, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies [dedicating all of yourselves, set apart] as a living sacrifice, holy and well-pleasing to God, which is your rational (logical, intelligent) act of worship. And do not be conformed to this world [any longer with its superficial values and customs], but be transformed and progressively changed [as you mature spiritually] by the renewing of your mind [focusing on godly values and ethical attitudes], so that you may prove [for yourselves] what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect [in His plan and purpose for you]. For by the grace [of God] given to me I say to everyone of you not to think more highly of himself [and of his importance and ability] than he ought to think; but to think so as to have sound judgment, as God has apportioned to each a degree of faith [and a purpose designed for service].“
‭‭Romans‬ ‭12‬:‭1‬-‭3‬ ‭AMP‬‬

PS: I returned home Thursday evening.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

While at a 6am men’s life group this past Wednsday, I experienced the beginning of a heart attack, which I attributed to indigestion. When I returned home with continued tight chest, when I took blood pressure (210/110), I immediately called 911 and took a large dose of aspirin. When paramedics arrived, they hooked up EKG and immediately gave me nitroglycerin under the tongue. In the ride to hospital, I was given several more doses of nitro.
Apparantly, nitroglycerin expands blood vessels reducing blood pressure, similarly to THC.

Wednsday at 2pm an angiogram was performed using wrist artery. Cardiologist found two blockages and installed 3 stents, so that I am now “fit for purpose”. Just not sure what purpose God has for me at 75 years old. Considering that I am fit for purpose, I meditate & pray on God’s Purpose. So, I quote my favorite scripture because God wants bold in our walk.

”Therefore I urge you, brothers and sisters, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies [dedicating all of yourselves, set apart] as a living sacrifice, holy and well-pleasing to God, which is your rational (logical, intelligent) act of worship. And do not be conformed to this world [any longer with its superficial values and customs], but be transformed and progressively changed [as you mature spiritually] by the renewing of your mind [focusing on godly values and ethical attitudes], so that you may prove [for yourselves] what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect [in His plan and purpose for you]. For by the grace [of God] given to me I say to everyone of you not to think more highly of himself [and of his importance and ability] than he ought to think; but to think so as to have sound judgment, as God has apportioned to each a degree of faith [and a purpose designed for service].“
Your Guardian angels were there and the Lord blessed you as he does for many. Great to hear of positive outcome and you will find yourself more energetic and sleeping better.

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

PS: I returned home Thursday evening.
I am very thankful to God for seeing it fit for His purposes to bless the rest of us still here with your presence! Praise God for sparing you! You have just shared quite a testimony of God's goodness and I applaud your boldness!

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am very thankful to God for seeing it fit for His purposes to bless the rest of us still here with your presence! Praise God for sparing you! You have just shared quite a testimony of God's goodness and I applaud your boldness!
Dawn,
Thank you for your kind words & Grace.

God did not give us a Spirit of timidness, But of Boldness to be Exercised in Grace.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 16 35.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 15 33.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.2%

Back