Ok dredded clown question: mixing clownfish

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol I just can't say anything right to you huh? I get that you don't care much for me. I've tried. I get it.... but don't expect now for me to listen to you. This was your choice, not mine.

I didn't say that, please do not put words in my mouth.

This is what I was going off of,

It was getting a bit personal.

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look I wasn't trying to start a fight. I'm just saying that I disagree concerning clowns. Your experience has taught you one thing while its taught me another. I'm not trying discount your experience. I just disagree respectfully.

Scooter90254

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look I wasn't trying to start a fight. I'm just saying that I disagree concerning clowns. Your experience has taught you one thing while its taught me another. I'm not trying discount your experience. I just disagree respectfully.

You are absolutely correct? There are no guarantees with wildlife. All animals have traits that differ from one another. That's why some fish are more/less aggressive then others. There are exceptions to every rule. There is very little black and white in reef keeping.

If you want to try and keep two pairs of clowns then go ahead just understand there's a chance (Possibly a good chance) it won't work out.

Good-luck!

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are talking about fish here. None of this how many white hair I have and how senile and demented I am. When one run out of valid reasons, then resort to personal mumbo jumbo that essentially meaningless. It add nothing relevant to the discussion. If you want to talk fish I am happy to discuss fish, but "..you are wrong..." without anything thing to back that up. Or you are too old and just "...think in black and white..." just does not cut it. Meaningless entry does not deserve to be response to. Happy reefing.

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You COMPLETELY mistook what I said. There's nothing left to argue when you make assumptions about my tank and claim that clowns act a certain way when mine do not.

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I was saying was that you claim clowns can't ever be kept under certain conditions. I'm saying they can. What's left to discuss?

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Typically when somebody adds a second pair of clowns, you will always see the same follow up post about six to eight months later...my clownfish suddenly died. Almost guaranteed that the first female to reach sexual maturity will kill the other large clown in the other pair since it is most likely turning female as well. If you buy tiny clownfish you might be successful for a while, and you might see a couple exceptions to the ordinary, but it is in the clownfish's built in programming to kill the other females and you are most likely to end up with some dead clownfish one day when you come home from work.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I am sorry the I don't think much about experiences. You show a video of two obvious juvi clownfish and claim that they are two females that live happily in the same anemone. Counting those two as two "females" you then claim that you have thee females and one male in your tank without problem. Use this as base for your advices.
If other new reefer listen to you and kill their fish, it is too bad. I have done all I can but at the end we all have to be responsible for our pets. Good luck to all

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with you that it could be a problem.... I'm trying to be nice here but the assumptions you're making on my tank aren't correct. Arguing about this would be futile. You're completely wrong about my clowns. You've yet to address the fact I've kept clowns a long time. You think I don't know what I'm talking about. The fact you fail you to acknowledge my agreeing with you and failing to acknowledge there are exceptions... there are SOOOOO many factors in each tank.... I just disagree with you. Best of luck to you.

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW, if you don't think highly of experience how can anybody believe or see value in yours?

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've placed you on my ignore list. Best wishes. I mean that.

OP
OP
bucksfan1976

bucksfan1976

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guys that's enough , this is gonna be like every other debatable topic. We shall see , every persons experience will be different from the next guys, I can assure everyone that if it gets bad I will remove so there will be no dead clown fish well at least a death of one due to another. Also I'd the time it actually takes for the maturity to come around there might be a 300 gallon system in place. We plan on buying a house in 3-6 months max. I don't wanna fellow reefers fighting or arguing over a topic I created makes me feel like a ****** so as the old VHS sticker said. "Lets be kind and rewind " this back a bit and cooler heads will prevail

OP
OP
bucksfan1976

bucksfan1976

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oddest thing ever, I went downstairs last night and they all were in the same anemone, all 4 of them, if it happens tonight Ill grab a pic

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was gonna say that's ****** awesome but then decided perhaps that would be too controversial and so I take that back.
Be very careful though... It starts with four friendly clowns but next thing you know they're swapping mates and doing blow.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bucksfan1976

bucksfan1976

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dujunyvu.jpg

Kinda hard to see they all freaked when the flash went off 2 secs earlier they were snuggled together

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 21.1%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 165 72.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 4.8%
Back