Old fart with a fish tank!

mahindra.dev

Euphyllia Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did you call me and what is this emoji120 which fails to auto-spawn on my browser? So many questions.

Heh. Seriously. Messin' with ya. Hi there.

Haha. LOL. LOL. Oh wait you may not know what LOL means. LOL again. Nice to have you here. You reminded me of my cubemate who retired 4 yrs ago. I can’t wait for your build thread!!

OP
OP
OPtasia

OPtasia

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to r2r!! I think you and @Paul B are going to get along nicely!;);)

I'm sure he's a peach. I'm more like a prune. Or a Fig Newton.

Welcome to.... Wait what is this place called again???? oh yeah, R2R ! ! ! !

Thanks! R1R was so lame but i'm optimistic about 2.0. I grew up a Korean War era Army brat so I speak entirely in acronyms. It made my assimilation into the text-borg PDQ. Kthxbai.

I still am afraid to get oil finger on the MH bulb and break the vinegar water out quick, spray it off and wipe down as if it was a bar of gold. ;)

Farewell and adieu to ye sweet Spanish ladies....

Welcome to the best forum in the reef aquarium industry!!!
Please post a build of your 90g.

Absotutely. It's a revamped custom built tank at 94-ish gallons. I've been sourcing parts for it for the past year. Is there a tank journal thread section? Of course there's a tank journal thread section.

Welcome and better than an old tank with fish fart !

Oh, the gas we pass.

lol ... I met him when we where just kids in our 20’s mullet and all, he was working at a reef shop not to far from me.. I remember we attended a start up reef club meeting together and there where only like 5 people there as reefing hadn’t really caught on yet ;)

I met him once in the 90's when he was promoting his Sprung & Delbeek reef books at a convention. Nice guy. Unassuming.

Your title cracked me up!

I used to write for Howard Cosell. In my mind.

I was just thinking, "is this a Paul B alter or does he have a younger brother?" :D

Welcome @OPtasia ! Look forward to you sharing your expertise with us. (from another older than dirt but much less experienced reefer).

I yam what I yam. I claim no affiliation with those named after biblical events.

Welcome home, you will love it here!

Let’s see some tank pics! I already like your sense of humor, my team secures reverse mortgages for those people that remember using metal halides!

Glad to have ya! :)

Oh wow. Yeah, i'll post some tank pics shortly. My profile pic are of zoas and acans in our biocube if that counts, which i'm sure it doesn't.

Ps: How many points of origination do I have to pay on my own equity? ;)

Your post made my day!
I'd definitely sit and have a beer with you!

David

Dilly dilly.

Cool story and welcome to R2R!

I have an even cooler story. When I proposed to my Wife, I took her up to Atlanta, GA to the GA aquarium. There, while riding the people mover cruising through the giant whale shark tube tank, I got down on one knee and asked her that very special question. There we were. Aquarium heaven. Big whale sharks. Big engagement ring. So when I asked, "will you marry me?" people started to clap. There were smiles. Much cheering. And my loving Wife turned to me, looked down at me on one knee and said, "Oh GOD not in front of all these people!!!"

#truth

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Farewell and adieu to ye sweet Spanish ladies......................................

I like the way you think old timer. ;)

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome @OPtasia! I too experienced the pleasure of multiple 400W 10K Ushios with actinic VHO sunburns! I had so many different bulbs laying around because I just couldn't settle on which one I liked...
9a5d7b8c3946efe18c7d6d6b99142113ff4a1b1216d2de579d50212a7ec16142.jpg

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ps: How many points of origination do I have to pay on my own equity? ;)

That depends on if you're dealing with a broker or the OG lender. Also depends on a myriad of other factors! :D

We would have to reduce your fees so you could purchase some LED fixtures!

Yes work on those photos! :)

OP
OP
OPtasia

OPtasia

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the way you think old timer. ;)

Mary Ellen Moffait. She broke my heart. Mhahahahaha.

Seriously though, there's very few films I could come into the middle of a showing and begin quoting dialogue to it. Jaws is one of them.

Welcome to R2R from one old fart to another! Love the username! :)

Thanks! Us old farts gotta stick together.... mmm I wanna linger.... mmm a little longer...

Welcome @OPtasia! I too experienced the pleasure of multiple 400W 10K Ushios with actinic VHO sunburns! I had so many different bulbs laying around because I just couldn't settle on which one I liked...

10K Ushios? Fancy. I mostly used Hamilton Tech bulbs and retrofit kits at 6,500 k with Icecap ballast/end caps for actinic coralife VHO's. I never went in for the Japanese or the German bulbs.

That depends on if you're dealing with a broker or the OG lender. Also depends on a myriad of other factors! :D

We would have to reduce your fees so you could purchase some LED fixtures.

The day I have to mortgage anything for a reef tank will be the day I give up the hobby. I don't care how much that rainbow jawbreaker is. It's not worth a house. Well... maybe if my quick picks for megaball pay off this week.

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just thinking, "is this a Paul B alter or does he have a younger brother?" :D

Welcome @OPtasia ! Look forward to you sharing your expertise with us. (from another older than dirt but much less experienced reefer).

Great minds[emoji57]

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Shall we get an “ OLD FART REEFKEEPER” forum going? Lol

OP
OP
OPtasia

OPtasia

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the forum!

I am old enough that I am using pill boxes for each day of the week, but not old enough to have morning, noon, and dinner pill boxes.

... but, are you old enough to be taking medications to relieve the side effects of your other medications yet? If not, your farting has only matured to middle age.

Shall we get an “ OLD FART REEFKEEPER” forum going? Lol

I'm totally down for it. I think we need an O.F.R. patch that we can sew onto the pockets of our bowling shirts and/or golf hats. Make it a tombstone shape.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Seeing as there's no known cure for old age as of yet, yes. Wait.... no. Maybe.

old fart reefkeeper.png

There we go- Old fart reefkeepers BORN !!!

FIRST MONTHLY MEETING !!! :

OLDMENCOFFECLUB_913_FAB_060614_013.jpg

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 58 33.0%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 57 32.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back