Orphek Kaspian LED

loganlax07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have experience with the Kaspian pendant LED by Orphek?

I absolutely love the look of this light and at 120Watt it may be able to over across 30-36 inch width SPS tanks whereas I see most people doubling up either radions, kessils or supplementing with T5s.

Problem is, aside from a couple posts on reefbuilders when it was first released in 2017, I have not found any updates on it.

OP
OP
loganlax07

loganlax07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Orphek has responding suggesting I take a look at the newer units Amazonas 320 and 80 which are apparently cheaper. The 320 is much more powerful (320 vs 90 Watts) while the 80 is slightly less. Unfortunately, as I will have these hanging over my tank and not hidden behind a hood, the look just doesn't work for me.

I have emailed their service desk to get pricing as well as status updates for the Kaspian. I've also inquired about the Atlantik P110 V3 wifi which looks like a fantastic option. I'm not sure why these didn't become more popular as they seem to check all the boxes in what makes a great tank LED. Anyone have any experience with these?

For reference, here is a catalogue from 2015:

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm.. w/ the reflectors vs "bubble" lens the 80 looks like a better "naked" option..
should be less room spill..

As to look personally.. well it's personal choice..

amazona

Last edited:
OP
OP
loganlax07

loganlax07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm.. w/ the reflectors vs "bubble" lens the 80 looks like a better "naked" option..
should be less room spill..

As to look personally.. well it's personal choice..

amazona

Ha fair enough on the looks...

I did receive a very prompt response from Orphek. Unfortunately the Pendant V3's are out of production. The Kaspian also has to be special order and unfortunately doesn't come with dimming, wifi controls, or programming features.

They have again suggested the V4's. These lights seem great for coverage, I'm not a fan of the look or the potential for disco balls. While the price is a bit higher than competitors, the 200+ Watts and 78 LEDs per fixture means cheapest cost per LED.

Back