Screen Shot 2018-12-03 at 11.38.05 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-03 at 11.38.05 AM.png

LobsterOfJustice

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess the bottom picture looks to me more like a lot of vertical color bands that might blend together to make natural sunlight. Color blending, and consistent coverage were the promise before purchase. Here is the color shown on a white wall at 30 inches away (which is what we had agreed on as the total height from the bottom of the tank). I am sure that one of those colors is natural sunlight.
color pattern.jpeg

Yuck that is really not good. Thanks for sharing.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm considering using a pair of OR60 light bars as supplemental lights to a Kessil AP700 over a 60 gallon cube (24" x 24" x 24"). I've been considering the daylight spectrum. What do you think? What would your recommendations be? Also, do you think that a pair of OR60 light bars could replace four T5 bulbs in that application? Any insight you can give me would be very much appreciated!

Did you get the blue sky's? I have two ap700's over my 36x36x16 and I'm currently using two T5's on the outside(s) and I'm considering getting a blue sky for the front and maybe replacing the T5's on the sides? Also, what lenses would work best? My ap700's are 9 1/2" from the water.

jbrady429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Did you get the blue sky's? I have two ap700's over my 36x36x16 and I'm currently using two T5's on the outside(s) and I'm considering getting a blue sky for the front and maybe replacing the T5's on the sides? Also, what lenses would work best? My ap700's are 9 1/2" from the water.
I did not get the Orpheks. I bought an Aquatic Life T5 hybrid fixture and use that with my AP700 instead. My reasoning is that the T5 bulbs are a more diffuse source of light—the end of the bulb on the left side of the tank is producing light at the right side of the tank, for example. By comparison, the LED on the left side of a light strip will not provide light on the right side of the tank, except for maybe at the very bottom. LEDs are directional. An LED strip may provide light all across the tank, but the light will not be as diffuse as that produced by T5s.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I did not get the Orpheks. I bought an Aquatic Life T5 hybrid fixture and use that with my AP700 instead. My reasoning is that the T5 bulbs are a more diffuse source of light—the end of the bulb on the left side of the tank is producing light at the right side of the tank, for example. By comparison, the LED on the left side of a light strip will not provide light on the right side of the tank, except for maybe at the very bottom. LEDs are directional. An LED strip may provide light all across the tank, but the light will not be as diffuse as that produced by T5s.

Thanks for your input. I'm probably going to pick up one of the blue sky bars for the front of my tank, just trying to figure out what lens to get? Being that I have a shallow tank, I'll probably go wide? I love the T5/LED combo, but I don't want to add another retrofit kit to my canopy. We'll see?

Bayareareefer18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your input. I'm probably going to pick up one of the blue sky bars for the front of my tank, just trying to figure out what lens to get? Being that I have a shallow tank, I'll probably go wide? I love the T5/LED combo, but I don't want to add another retrofit kit to my canopy. We'll see?
I have the OR120 UV bar that I use as a supplement to my current USA IC pros. Very happy with the light and likely going to be adding a sky blue as well. When I placed the order they asked if I was looking for more pop or par. I was looking for more color pop so if I'm not mistaken the lenses are 120

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have the OR120 UV bar that I use as a supplement to my current USA IC pros. Very happy with the light and likely going to be adding a sky blue as well. When I placed the order they asked if I was looking for more pop or par. I was looking for more color pop so if I'm not mistaken the lenses are 120

Nice! I'll most likely contact them directly with my questions. I saw on their sponsor page that they're updating the OR bars, but didn't see any changes on their website?

Bayareareefer18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! I'll most likely contact them directly with my questions. I saw on their sponsor page that they're updating the OR bars, but didn't see any changes on their website?
Not sure. I got mine months ago. When I contacted them I was very happy with their customer service. They were very fast to respond and answered all of my questions. They are made to order so just ne sure to communicate to them what you want and they will make it happen

w2inc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was really happy with the customer service before the purchase. After they got my money, it was over with. My lights did not meet the performance promises they made. Their method of customer support was to respond one time telling me that my lights looked great. I could not get a response after that. Paypal buyer protection does not cover lights, many credit cards don't do it either.

You have a lot of choices in lights. Some offer a satisfaction guarantee, others have the lights displayed at local shops so that you can see them before you buy. Wouldn't it make more sense to buy from someone who will back their product?

MattDaReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates or reviews of the new products? Running 2-250w MH 14,500K on a 90gal. looking to see if this is the way to go or adding T5s.

Kynzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never really looked into orphek, was always turned off by the price of the atlantiks. But I feel like these or2s are the best options out. I can't speak for everyone but I think orphek is changing the game. A great price and 3 great options to choose from, along with completely customizable options if you special order. I'm trying to pick up a couple myself right now. Have read nothing but stellar reviews about all their products. All the high end reefers that I personally know, run orpheks. Great works guys, just wanted to say for the community as a whole, thanks for the great work. I hope other companies can follow your lead on quality, price and product variation without sacrificing that quality, and overall consistency. Can't wait to see what's next.

Orphek

Orphek- Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never really looked into orphek, was always turned off by the price of the atlantiks. But I feel like these or2s are the best options out. I can't speak for everyone but I think orphek is changing the game. A great price and 3 great options to choose from, along with completely customizable options if you special order. I'm trying to pick up a couple myself right now. Have read nothing but stellar reviews about all their products. All the high end reefers that I personally know, run orpheks. Great works guys, just wanted to say for the community as a whole, thanks for the great work. I hope other companies can follow your lead on quality, price and product variation without sacrificing that quality, and overall consistency. Can't wait to see what's next.
Thanks for the comments Kenzo
Now we are beginning to Ship the OR3 . The OR3 have the same spectrum as OR2 but we change the LEDs to dual chip 5w instead of single chip 3w ,for longer life .

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 30.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back