Osmolator to control two pumps?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

FuzzySPS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have every confidence in the Osmolator but not so much in any single pump (knowing the way my luck runs) if I am out of town for a few days (additionally I would like to use standard 1/4 inch tubing rather than the tubing that comes with the Tunze metering pump). Could I not simply run two pumps controlled by one Osmolator if I connect a two outlet adaptor to a Tunze Switched Socket device and then plug each pump into the two outlet adaptor? I am aware of the few seconds that auto prime in the event of a restart and the ten minute "rule" in the event the sensor and safety float both fail and would dial down the pumps with valve to compensate. Would this idea work?

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see why not. I use the HomeDepot tube and that pump for my DIY ATO system. I use that pump on a 55 gallon tank with 30 gallon sump and it has been good for over 2 years

About the "two outlet adapters" I am not sure what you meant by that. You can just twist the 2 pairs of wires (from the pumps) and insert to the connectors comes with the Tunze 3155 right? No extra adapter needed I thought. post a pic :)

OP
OP
F

FuzzySPS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see why not. I use the HomeDepot tube and that pump for my DIY ATO system. I use that pump on a 55 gallon tank with 30 gallon sump and it has been good for over 2 years

About the "two outlet adapters" I am not sure what you meant by that. You can just twist the 2 pairs of wires (from the pumps) and insert to the connectors comes with the Tunze 3155 right? No extra adapter needed I thought. post a pic :)
So you're saying to but an extra Tunze metering pump (the one that comes with the Osmolator) and wire both into the Osmolator controller? If so, and if that works, then great idea! I would have been overcomplicating things. THANKS! Are you also saying that you have been able to use standard 1/4 inch tubing from Home Depot and been able to fit it onto the Tunze metering pump? If the answer to that is also "yes" then you have solved my problem(s) and saved me a bunch of expense. Would love to hear back from you on these two questions when you get a chance. Regardless, very much appreciate the help!

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes... yes! for the 3155 I have (Yes I have the 3155 too :) )
I was asking for a picture of your ato connector to the pump because I don't know what yours look like. There are a few 3155 depeding on how old. I only know the latest model. They might not change the connector, but they might. For mine, it is very simple and the holes are big enough to snug 2 in there. Regardless, you should be able to do 2 pumps. good luck

OP
OP
F

FuzzySPS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes... yes! for the 3155 I have (Yes I have the 3155 too :) )
I was asking for a picture of your ato connector to the pump because I don't know what yours look like. There are a few 3155 depeding on how old. I only know the latest model. They might not change the connector, but they might. For mine, it is very simple and the holes are big enough to snug 2 in there. Regardless, you should be able to do 2 pumps. good luck
Gothcha. Have latest 3155 as well so my probs seem solved. Many thx again!

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I realize my reply is late, my apologies. The 3155 can only supply 1200mA to pump, a single pump needs almost 1000mA, it won't work unless you build a switch box to switch between pumps.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, as the head US technician and Tunze USA rep, I can say for sure it does. :D

Back