Our friend Jake Adams

A Young Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reef family, i need a huge favor. There are tons of fake videos online regarding our friend Jake and all sort of conspiracies surrounding his death. They are fake, disgusting, and well i cant tell you what i really want to say. If you see them please dislike them. Thank you.
Allow me to recommend not watching these videos, watching them will only increase the number of views pushing the algorithm allowing them to reach more people.
dislikes are basically useless, frankly they count as “interactions” which is a positive thing for the channel.
Acting as if these videos do not exist is the best course of action.

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Allow me to recommend not watching these videos, watching them will only increase the number of views pushing the algorithm allowing them to reach more people.
dislikes are basically useless, frankly they count as “interactions” which is a positive thing for the channel.
Acting as if these videos do not exist is the best course of action.

Really frustrating. I clicked report on a bunch of them without viewing but they still get counted as views so +1 to this recommendation.

wvcorals

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im sorry, can we at least be respectful!? This comment is extremely insensitive, and it potentially feeds a false narrative.
No disrespect but I did notice in some vids something felt off. I loved jake and hate to see him go. Sorry if I came off insensitive just in shock.

mattdg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you want to watch a video featuring Jake, I recommend this one.

Jake may be gone, but his extensive knowledge and passion for properly identifying coral, is still available as a resource for all of us in this hobby. There are so many years of quality content to rewatch.

I sincerely hope Jake's passion for the coral, that often gets neglected, is not lost to short attention spans and hype culture.

DxMarinefish

GazuntaiReef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RIP Jake, you were and are still an inspiration to me and my family. Your videos, passion, enthusiasm and honesty is legendary and will remain so.
Condolences to his family and friends.
Peace Brother.

lonepalm99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Truly a loss to the community. He helped and inspired so many, he will be missed. My condolences to his family and friends.

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Did anybody ever confirm what happened to our friend jake? For some reason it gives me closure to know how/why…

Brittanyjo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im still having a hard time believing Jake Adams died. He was so young. Have we heard a reason?

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Asagi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyway, I watched jake for a long time now. Reef therapy was great. Not sure how Reed builders will continue without him.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you for to those who have shared memories and positive comments. As a reminder this isn’t the place to discuss or evaluate the global health crisis or Jake’s personal medical history. We need to continue to celebrate Jake’s life and his impact on the people and the hobby.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back