OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well after a week and a day, he's getting much more comfortable in the tank and associating me with food. However, it will still only eat frozen blood worms from omega one.

Not one aiptasia tried yet lol.

Masstick and a small batch of freeze dried blackworms arrive tomorrow to try.

Should I start skipping the bloodworms and only offer mysis/mussel/krill/cyclops for a day or 2?

Jbell370

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine loves mastik and mysis, doesn’t both with much else and I feed about 8 different foods, he hangs with the blue star wrasse all the time, one of my favourites.
394E30DB-31FE-44B1-80D7-C1EB927E6F19.jpeg

OP
OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This little guy just went up to a small aiptasia and ripped it with its mouth and swam away. Hoping that's the start to taking these things out!

Unfortunately I wrecked my phosphate and nitrate levels completely overfeeding the tank trying to get it to eat more than just bloodworms, so I've went down to 1 cube of bloodworms in the morning with the other fish's flake and pellets. In the evening, I'm gonna try one different cube and see how it goes.

I'm torn between trying to get it to eat well and not wrecking my tank numbers. I've had some coral definitely taking a hit from it.

I'm so happy we still have the little guy this far lol

OP
OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
STILL will only eat bloodworms, but does so voraciously. No aiptasia, and only picked at a piece of mysis.

It's still seeming very healthy and extremely active. I have a food magnet for it coming to put its beak through. Hopefully that will get it to eating more variety.

Looks like it's gotten a little bit of growth on it too already!

20220811_205454.jpg
20220811_205429.jpg
20220811_205419.jpg

Last edited:

zheka757

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
from what i know of having them for same reason, they usually start with small aiptasia, then go for larger ones. and with larger aiptasia, they will get a chunk at a time. but eventually your tank will be clean of them.

OP
OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got one of the copperband feeders from a fellow forum member here this week. The copperband is now starting to take pe mysis from it with its bloodworms! So excited it's eating more now!

OP
OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So in the last 2 weeks, we've noticed only a couple of aiptasia. We introduced 4 peppermint shrimp, but they only stay on one end of the tank mostly in and around their cave.

I had one aiptasia growing on a filter intake. Came in today to see the copperband backing away from it and bubbles coming up, with the aiptasia half the size it was, and shredded looking. It seems it may finally be working them over!!

As far as food, this thing STILL will only touch bloodworms. I've tried everything to no avail. It literally will not touch anything except for bloodworms and looks like aiptasia now. I bought quite a few packs of frozen bloodworms for it this weekend.

It is definitely growing some and acts healthy as can be. So glad we got this fish!

20220904_213547.jpg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So in the last 2 weeks, we've noticed only a couple of aiptasia. We introduced 4 peppermint shrimp, but they only stay on one end of the tank mostly in and around their cave.

I had one aiptasia growing on a filter intake. Came in today to see the copperband backing away from it and bubbles coming up, with the aiptasia half the size it was, and shredded looking. It seems it may finally be working them over!!

As far as food, this thing STILL will only touch bloodworms. I've tried everything to no avail. It literally will not touch anything except for bloodworms and looks like aiptasia now. I bought quite a few packs of frozen bloodworms for it this weekend.

It is definitely growing some and acts healthy as can be. So glad we got this fish!

20220904_213547.jpg
Try mixing bloodworms in with whatever else you feed.
Recently I’ve began to mix in;
- Bloodworms
- Mysis
- Brine
- Krill
As well as dry food and my CBB goes to town on it. Let the oils of the other foods mix in with the bloodworms and vice versa. Eventually they’ll eat, yours is a beauty :)

OP
OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try mixing bloodworms in with whatever else you feed.
Recently I’ve began to mix in;
- Bloodworms
- Mysis
- Brine
- Krill
As well as dry food and my CBB goes to town on it. Let the oils of the other foods mix in with the bloodworms and vice versa. Eventually they’ll eat, yours is a beauty :)
I thought this would have worked by now, but it picks the bloodworms out from every thing I've mixed them with. It's actually quite hilarious and frustrating at the same time lol

OP
OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting close to 2 months of owning this one. It's growing for sure! All but 1 or 2 aiptasia are gone. I have to think it's this fish that knocked them out.

Still, will ONLY eat bloodworms. Anything else that gets in its mouth is spit out. It tried some pe mysis finally, and was immediately spit out.

Mixing its foods in its little magnet clip, it will wait until the bloodworms are out and pick them out. Any other food put in there is ignored. Stubborn little thing lol

OP
OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm 3 days into a CBB and it is eating blood worms, mysis and spirulina brine shrimp.
I'm really lucky that it has taken to eating mostly everything offered.
Very! I'm glad mine is healthy and growing, just wish it would eat more variety lol

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys are lucky… my CBB is putting on size but at an extremely slow rate (It looked like she wasn’t growing for the previous 2 years). What do you guys do to get the faster growth rate?

OP
OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And now comes our first issue. Our copperband isn't looking good at all tonight.

Around 2 or 3 months after we got the copperband, we ***** a small bellus angel. The angel is now relentlessly chasing the copperband to the point of you can tell its stressed out.

We only have a small 20g reef with a pair of clowns and a purple dottyback, and a 20g qt system.

I likely won't be able to catch either fish unless I tear the tank apart.

Any ideas?

ninjamyst

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And now comes our first issue. Our copperband isn't looking good at all tonight.

Around 2 or 3 months after we got the copperband, we ***** a small bellus angel. The angel is now relentlessly chasing the copperband to the point of you can tell its stressed out.

We only have a small 20g reef with a pair of clowns and a purple dottyback, and a 20g qt system.

I likely won't be able to catch either fish unless I tear the tank apart.

Any ideas?
Fish trap. I recently caught a foxface and a red coris with fish trap. The coris took over a week. You can essentially catch all fish with a trap if you have patience. I left the trap in the tank for a week and would feed through the trap only. Eventually every fish went into it for food. You should rehome the angel. It will outgrow your 125 at some point.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 31 35.2%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 50 56.8%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back