Oxolinic Acid

flatlander93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I think that buying by the kilo is excessive so ill probably stick to cascade pond supply. I have a 150 tank so I figure about 7.5g per dose X 3 doses. Does that sound right?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I think that buying by the kilo is excessive so ill probably stick to cascade pond supply. I have a 150 tank so I figure about 7.5g per dose X 3 doses. Does that sound right?
Sorry, I don't know the dose for corals. Seawater makes it less effective for fish due to the high pH affecting its uptake. I imagine that corals and anemones, being open to the water, would not have that issue, but I don't know for certain. Your dose is around 13 mg/l. The range for freshwater is 3 to 10 ppm, for marine fish it is 200 ppm, I think that is too high for a DT.

Betex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard on many of the interviews that ACI along with others have an article coming on Coral magazine with their treatment recipe for OA this coming month.

flatlander93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heard that too, hope this is the stn solution. I really think I struggle with bacteria in my tank. I added 15 lbs of live rock and the whole thing started improving but has since regressed with some coral loss. ICP test results by the weekend I hope just to rule out any other issues.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back