Pairing up bangaii cardinals

Rusty_L_Shackleford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have been wanting a breeding pair of bangaiis for my tank, and of course haven't come across an available pair. So I've come to the conclusion that my best bet is to buy 4-6 small ones and let them figure it out, then remove the others. I have plenty of room in the 32 biocube and it isn't too difficult to catch fish out of it. Anyone else gone this route?

OP
OP
R

Rusty_L_Shackleford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check this out.

It seems to be hit or miss if you can get a pair?
Yea it seems to be all over the place as far as getting pair. Seems like most people just kind of end up with one accidentally instead of trying for a pair. I know venting is possible but a lot of the available fish near me are pretty small so that may or may not be viable. Fortunately I have a few tanks so it would be trivial for me to move a fish getting bullied.

Kmst80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea it seems to be all over the place as far as getting pair. Seems like most people just kind of end up with one accidentally instead of trying for a pair. I know venting is possible but a lot of the available fish near me are pretty small so that may or may not be viable. Fortunately I have a few tanks so it would be trivial for me to move a fish getting bullied.
I got lucky, young kid at the shop picked mine trying to get male/ female and he got either lucky or knew what he was doing. The sign you look for is when the female does her squiggle dance next to the male, than you have a pair. Mine are breeding constantly. Good luck

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 70 77.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.6%
Back