palythoa bacterial infection-need input

Pola0502ds

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its been noted that some crate get a lot of funk, usually brown stuff. and usually Id'ed as a dino.. but not every body gets it. so is it the crate? still observing. Ive never had it.

YES! that is exactly the issue I am having. It's unreal. Like I said, I have it BLASTED with flow and it still grows all this nasty stuff on it. Then my other frag racks are completely fine.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
YES! that is exactly the issue I am having. It's unreal. Like I said, I have it BLASTED with flow and it still grows all this nasty stuff on it. Then my other frag racks are completely fine.
yes, bizarre. all I could say would be try another brand. dunno.

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dinos are there because of the water used for evaporation/make up. Not because of the crate!!
H2O2 can damage/kill polyps like that, yes!
Too much dipping will kill polyps!!
I would just leave them alone for now... please.
My quick $0.02... gotta go... Merry Christmas to all of you!!
Grandis.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dinos are there because of the water used for evaporation/make up. Not because of the crate!!
H2O2 can damage/kill polyps like that, yes!
Too much dipping will kill polyps!!
I would just leave them alone for now... please.
My quick $0.02... gotta go... Merry Christmas to all of you!!
Grandis.

brand of what?
and yea thats possible. Its just such an odd commonality.

OP
OP
ahiggins

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tahoe61 do you have any insight on egg crate? I use the white ones from lowes.
I am not opposed to drilling acrylic though. Ive noticed a TON of algae growing on mine. So much that I just had to swap it out.
Update on the frag I dipped in chemiclean and put into established tank:
two polyps (the worst two) were eaten by mr crabs. The other two have not opened since being dipped so like a week? I dont have much hope for them at the moment :(
As of now, I am manually cleaning off the brown dust when I see it and it seems to be working alright. My palys are getting irritated by it but zoas are fine. I also have two mini colonies, bam bams and fire and ice, that have been closed for a few days. theres a few, maybe 5, that are inverted...maybe from messing with them so much.
I also ordered some brushes like the ones battlecorals gives away every so often. Theyre gun cleaning brushes oddly enough haha but those are in the mail too so now I will be able to clean more delicately rather than taking a toothbrush to them.

Pola0502ds

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tahoe61 do you have any insight on egg crate? I use the white ones from lowes.
I am not opposed to drilling acrylic though. Ive noticed a TON of algae growing on mine. So much that I just had to swap it out.
Update on the frag I dipped in chemiclean and put into established tank:
two polyps (the worst two) were eaten by mr crabs. The other two have not opened since being dipped so like a week? I dont have much hope for them at the moment :(
As of now, I am manually cleaning off the brown dust when I see it and it seems to be working alright. My palys are getting irritated by it but zoas are fine. I also have two mini colonies, bam bams and fire and ice, that have been closed for a few days. theres a few, maybe 5, that are inverted...maybe from messing with them so much.
I also ordered some brushes like the ones battlecorals gives away every so often. Theyre gun cleaning brushes oddly enough haha but those are in the mail too so now I will be able to clean more delicately rather than taking a toothbrush to them.

I use the ones from lowes..

Different brands, you think they would be made up of the same exact material and most likely only 1 or 2 manufacturers of it.

Can you link to the brushes you are talking about?

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the ones from lowes..

Different brands, you think they would be made up of the same exact material and most likely only 1 or 2 manufacturers of it.

Can you link to the brushes you are talking about?

I also have an array of "bottle brushes"
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=bottle+brush&tbm=shop

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 62 39.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back