PayPal buyer protection discussion

aaron23

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has come to my attention there are some people hopefully a small number that abuse PayPal's buyer protection.
How is the seller protected in the transaction if the buyer can just falsely file a claim that items arrived are not as described?

If this is not in the correct forum please move it I had no idea where it should go

bobman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is on the buyer to provide proof of what is not as described by the seller. Either in photo form or another type of way.

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PayPal is to protect the buyer, so it's up to the seller to make sure all their eggs are in a row prior to the sale. Pictures, receipts with notes and so on need to be done to protect the seller.

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paypal also does not cover live animals so most disputes will be settled in the sellers favor.

Yes they do actually, they started covering them not too long ago. Within the last 12 months

OP
OP
aaron23

aaron23

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And thus my argument remains in tact, if buyer says live coral died the next day what's preventing the buyer from taking his money back

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He needs to provide pictures of dead coral to paypal. Which is why it's smart for the seller to take good pics of the frags to prove if they are the same or not.

OP
OP
aaron23

aaron23

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they are the same frags --SPS corals are very temperamental. In the event the coral dies the next day you're saying the buyer can file a claim. So how does that protect the seller

bobman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you sell a frag and it dies the next day you should be held responsible unless in the agreement you have a disclaimer saying there is not warranty on livestock.

787will

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too as a Seller have been cheated by a false claim from a buyer, i provided all my evidence to paypal (photos, DOA policy ect) not once did i see any evidence from the buyers side (which i should have received per standard DOA policy) and paypal ruled in the buyers favor which i was very angry about. Unfortunately now im very reluctant to now sell over the internet because i feel there really isnt fair protection for the seller.

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotta sell like buyers buy. Sell to people with a positive reputation. It's hard to do when sales are your only income but as a hobbyist, I'd just limit your sales pool

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 21.1%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 165 72.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 4.8%
Back