Pearlscale butterfly Odd behavior

chrissy12575

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My pearlscale butterfly is about a month new in the tank, for a while he seemed skiddish but has seemed to come out from his hiding spots more and more. For some reason he doesn't seem to use the fins on his left side? He has been swimming closer to the top lately also and I'm wondering if he just more comfortable or if he's struggling a lil

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, Chrissy12575!

I get jittery if I see a fish behaving like that as well - even if I can't put a finger on exactly what's going on with the little guy (perhaps _because_ I can't place that finger!) Has he been avoiding using the left-side fins since he went into your tank, or is this a more recent development? How far above the rocks is he swimming? How far below the surface? Would you say he's swimming in a casual, relaxed manner, or as though he really wants to get to somewhere else? Perhaps @melypr1985 can offer some insight - she's pretty amazing at long-distance diagnoses...

~Bruce

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Crissy. Can you get a picture (or better, a video) of him? Is he eating? Beathing Heavy?

OP
OP
C

chrissy12575

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's being casual. I just noticed the fun thing. He use to hide in a lil cave when he was new. Seems to have his nose pointed up
IMG_3502.JPG
IMG_3502.JPG
maybe I'm just paranoid

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 39.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 52 34.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back