Ph with RoboTank

Wolfw28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ph drops out randomly with reef pi and robo- tank. Swap probes done multiple installations this I drive me insane. Only error that comes up every once in awhile is under voltage. Erased error, reboot same problem with no error. Does not matter of what version of reefpi.
IMG_0542.jpeg

OP
OP
Wolfw28

Wolfw28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting thing is I created a second ph using the same sensor and the reading will flip top ph will read correctly and ph2 will read zero.
image.jpg
image.jpg

biznatch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any external service making calls to the reefpi API like the home assistant add on? I only see drops like those when i have that active, and this was on both reef-pi 5.3 and 6.0 (which I'm running now).

OP
OP
Wolfw28

Wolfw28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No Home Assistant or any other call service not even connected to the outside world.

Sral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No Home Assistant or any other call service not even connected to the outside world.
To bad, last things where I remember this regular drop-out there was some kind of communication at play. HomeAssistant, MQTT or Adafruit IO stuff and the like. Look at this thread here, one person mentioning that his RTC seems the culprit and another mentions HomeAssitant.

I might have a look at my pH script again that reeds the sensor and discards error values. Didn't seem to help against the error in the last case though.

OP
OP
Wolfw28

Wolfw28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you fine the root cause of this ?
No but, after reading every post and trying everything. I decided to disable temp sensor in reefpi which was the only other thing plugged into the robo tank. Reloaded and ph started working with no drop out. Enabled temp sensor ph continue to read correctly and has for a couple days now. I don’t understand why especially after doing 3 fresh install with the same problem. Question for you did you ever get the acs712 working if so would you mind sharing your code.

OP
OP
Wolfw28

Wolfw28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't get acs712 working as of now
To go back to my problem even now that it’s working I still get an intermittent error message for under voltage. Sometimes the time stamp will be the exact time I check for errors even though I don’t get the red error message at the bottom of the screen.

Someoldnoob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to add to this, I was having an issue similar to this. Mine was dropping to a neg 1.41 value almost on queue. After talking to Rob with robo-tank and after going through a number of troubleshooting steps he suggested reverting back to an earlier version (5.2 from 6.0) and at least in my case the drop outs completely stopped.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 22 35.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 21 33.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back