Piece of side seal is cracked on 180g tank, should I be freaking out?

Reeferbadness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed today (a hermit crab was actually picking at it) a piece of the seal on the right side of my 180g tank is is cracked or chipped. Should alarm bells be ringing? Is this something that i should try and fix ASAP? I already had a Red Sea 750 XXL G1 seal break (my other tank) - fortunately they replaced it with a G2. This is a custom build and is about 5 years old.

IMG_4856.jpeg

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pic doesn't really help. However the silicone between the panels is what matters.

DCR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That appears to just be the bead of silicone on the inside corner of the glass panels. If so, it is not important to the structure of the tank. As the previous post mentioned, the silicone between the glass panels is all that matters, and it looks to be solid from that picture (from what I can tell).

OP
OP
Reeferbadness

Reeferbadness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That appears to just be the bead of silicone on the inside corner of the glass panels. If so, it is not important to the structure of the tank. As the previous post mentioned, the silicone between the glass panels is all that matters, and it looks to be solid from that picture (from what I can tell).
Thanks for the feedback. I'll keep a close eye on it.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 14 7.6%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 33 17.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 124 67.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 8 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.2%
Back