Pink Panther Growth Progression

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost all of mine when I treated my tank for blue clove polyps! So sad!

but finally got a replacement

FF7D8517-C575-48DE-9AF4-5327A49C0C3D.jpeg
treated with
Fenbendazole?

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thirst, did you reuse a mariculture base for that first piece? Or is it just a piece of live rock? I love using old Mari bases to glue stuff on. That replacement frag is huge! Amazing you got such a big piece of such a slow growing coral. Love the updates on this piece.

thirst

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
treated with
Fenbendazole?

Yes fenbendazole. Killed a big purple monster colony too :(

Thirst, did you reuse a mariculture base for that first piece? Or is it just a piece of live rock? I love using old Mari bases to glue stuff on. That replacement frag is huge! Amazing you got such a big piece of such a slow growing coral. Love the updates on this piece.

I’ve been hard at work trying to secure the biggest piece I could!

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate taking pics as it jinx it every time . So touch wood .
4 years growth of my DFS Pink Panther . It’s now a small mini colony ... It’s now over 3 inch in diameter

I think it’s the slowest growing acropora in the hobby even compared to purple monster and finicky as ever ... never ever I plan to frag it

Once I moved to KZ new generation bulbs way more than blue plus and the tank has a yellowish appearance like my good old XM 10K 400 watt bulb , the brilliant blue edges show up .

The funniest thing is it changed the appearance completely lately with much more elongated stems than when I got it where it was much stubbier growth . Must be lower lighting or something .

Please don’t die - please !!!!

F108B6DA-3A79-4CA4-AD8A-09EE2DF41191.jpeg

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing job buddy!! I got a small frag too hopefully it starts to take off soon!!

I know you had a few in the past . Did you restart ? Haven’t been following lately .

I had a large tank crash where I lost like 90% of all my colonies when I moved to a new house . Somehow this nugget made it through but I lost my OG Purple Monster :(

thirst

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you had a few in the past . Did you restart ? Haven’t been following lately .

I had a large tank crash where I lost like 90% of all my colonies when I moved to a new house . Somehow this nugget made it through but I lost my OG Purple Monster :(
I moved a few years ago and it’s taken a little while to get everything back in shape

most post on IG

www.instagram.com/thirstysreef

Lazys Coral House

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate taking pics as it jinx it every time . So touch wood .
4 years growth of my DFS Pink Panther . It’s now a small mini colony ... It’s now over 3 inch in diameter

I think it’s the slowest growing acropora in the hobby even compared to purple monster and finicky as ever ... never ever I plan to frag it

Once I moved to KZ new generation bulbs way more than blue plus and the tank has a yellowish appearance like my good old XM 10K 400 watt bulb , the brilliant blue edges show up .

The funniest thing is it changed the appearance completely lately with much more elongated stems than when I got it where it was much stubbier growth . Must be lower lighting or something .

Please don’t die - please !!!!

F108B6DA-3A79-4CA4-AD8A-09EE2DF41191.jpeg

Looks fantastic! Nice job Abhishek

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 164 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back