Pink stylophora patches of skeleton showing, looking for diagnosis

goppman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

Saw a white patch of skeleton showing on my stylophora frag. Been in the tank for 2 or so weeks.

Thoughts are phosphates yesterday it read .11 usually keep it between .06 and .08, other stylophora next to it are doing well also birds nest is well.

Phosphates just now read .10

So far I put in some rowa phos yesterday to remove phosphate and did a 10% water change.

Other parameters
Alk 8.5
CA 425
Ph has been stable with a max of 8.25 and min of 7.6 in evening
Nitrates 4

Thank you for any thoughts!

IMG_0362.jpeg IMG_0363.jpeg IMG_0364.jpeg

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Phosphates aren't it's problem. .11 mg/l PO4 is fine. They don't have good color, have they colored up since you got them? How close to the lighting they grew under are your lights? Keep in mind it could be stress from some event before you got them, it can take weeks to months for corals to visibly show simptoms.

OP
OP
G

goppman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The par for the area they are in is 168 to 186. The pink one with the issue is at 186.

Ok, what I take from is that it will naturally work not self out just keep water chem balanced.

OP
OP
G

goppman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Color that you are seeing is kind of what I’ve experienced since receiving them and acclimating. First time with stylophora and birdsnest.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree its likely more a lighting issue, your lighting might be very different compared to where it came from, it might some time to acclimate to your lighting.

The water surface also looks flat and I see debris floating around, so I guess its a low flow tank?

It generally likes higher lighting and higher flow.

OP
OP
G

goppman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah my neuro 3 was at 700gph I kicked it up to 900gph after reading your comment. The tank is 10g.

Back