Plastic dipped coatings

150 Gallon Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in a pickle.... I have a reefbreeders photon 48 which has been a great light for me so far. I wanted to add a bit of a pop so I ordered 2 lumenbars. I am using the BOT mounting system from reefbreeders to hang the lights. I was unaware that the BOT system could not hold the additional weight of the lumenbars. Logan at reefbreeders told me that overtime, the BOT arms will sag....
So here's where I'm stuck. I had the option to purchase a different mounting system that attaches to the back of the stand, bit I have a custom acrylic top which has cutouts for the BOT arms already. So i NEED to use the arms or I'm sure wrasses would love to go carpet surfing.

I am currently communicating with a metal fabricator to add extra support to the arm so that I can still use the BOT without it sagging. He suggested one of two ways to do it... Either add a spine along the back of the arm shown in the picture, or make an exact cutout of the arm and mount it to the side of the BOT.

OR, I have the metal fabricator make the same BOT mount out of metal and find someone else dip it with a reef safe plastic...??

Does anybody have experience with this or does anybody have input with how this will hold up?

IMG_20201202_151329.jpg IMG_20201202_151329~2.jpg

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back