Platinum pairs...

Just Clownin Around

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just noticed that both of our clowns have markings under there eyes. I hatched one out that had a French mustache. Coolest little thin mustache.

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are the true rarities
cool, I was able to snag a few of them from Brian. :)

I just noticed that both of our clowns have markings under there eyes. I hatched one out that had a French mustache. Coolest little thin mustache.
yeah, that's my only one that has the mustache. I named him Freckles. ;)

you have a pic of the one with the French mustache? I'm not sure if I'm familiar with that. LoL

Just Clownin Around

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSC_0755-1.jpg

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so, the one on the right is your Sutd now? and the other one has the French mustache? LoL. any better pic? ;)

JasonPG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jason any pics of a Grade A Picasso with the connecting tail and body stripe?

Here's what I'm talking about. The first grade A's didn't have excessive white. Just a connecting tail and body stripe. Very simple, very elegant. I like the extreme misbarring and spots and everything else people have posted but I think this is the rarest type of picasso.

picasso.jpg

[video=youtube_share;qnG7x4SFhN4]http://youtu.be/qnG7x4SFhN4[/video]

oceancube

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's what I'm talking about. The first grade A's didn't have excessive white. Just a connecting tail and body stripe. Very simple, very elegant. I like the extreme misbarring and spots and everything else people have posted but I think this is the rarest type of picasso.

picasso.jpg

[video=youtube_share;qnG7x4SFhN4]http://youtu.be/qnG7x4SFhN4[/video]
very nice picasso.. actually out of all the breeding going on with picasso's, the best fry come out of a picasso parents that have this same white pattern vs being a grade b picasso and even snowcasso's , which is weird!

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
makes me wonder what ORA did with their batches that had excessive whites, like Snowcasso-type. they only came out with the above described A's and even some of their B's would have one side connecting the tail and body stripe. I'm sure ORA produced some Snowcasso-types as well but they never really came out with them. after their normal, B's, and A's, they came out with the Platinums.

here's my ORA A that I've had for almost 2 years

12-26-11Pic9.jpg

12-26-11Pic9Big.jpg

Last edited:

oceancube

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i know a local breeder that was breeding picassos with same markings and they had tons of A's HIGH B's,snowcassos(doni) and platniums , vs the snowcasso(doni) type being bred together which dont yeild as many grade A's and snowcasso's(doni) at all.... im curious to see what my pair will produce since i have a grade B female and a snowcasso(doni) male... i hope to get some snow babies out of the clutch, but i really dont expect it!! Im gonna start a thread on these guys maybe today or tommorrow, so we can all see the transfermation of the fry the hatch out......it'll either be good or an at least okay turnout... plus my new room is almost done just need to plug up some holes in these new tanks i have!!! woohoo

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^^^that is a great looking A send it my way and ill take care of ya!!:smile:
:hammer:

only if you lived closer. here's her mate that I started with. the black is more pronounce now too. :)

03-29-2011Clowns1.jpg

03-29-2011Clowns4.jpg

we paired the old mate to a Grade B from my breeder that have identical marking as the mommy. the B has a full helmet like my Spartan. below is pic of my Picasso's mom. they came from B Grade Picasso's from Doni.

MommyPicasso1.jpg

Spartan helmet
12-31-2011Pic9A.jpg

12-31-2011Pic99.jpg

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i know a local breeder that was breeding picassos with same markings and they had tons of A's HIGH B's,snowcassos(doni) and platniums , vs the snowcasso(doni) type being bred together which dont yeild as many grade A's and snowcasso's(doni) at all.... im curious to see what my pair will produce since i have a grade B female and a snowcasso(doni) male... i hope to get some snow babies out of the clutch, but i really dont expect it!! Im gonna start a thread on these guys maybe today or tommorrow, so we can all see the transfermation of the fry the hatch out......it'll either be good or an at least okay turnout... plus my new room is almost done just need to plug up some holes in these new tanks i have!!! woohoo
my Picasso's came from 2 Grade B parents. Brian gets a lot of really nice A's, B-B+, and Premiums. from the batches I've seen that he hatched, I only see maybe 20-30% that are normal. most have more white than normal and have side burns and/or helmets. I'm actually looking forward to seeing his new batch. I'll be making a visit the end of the month. :)

oceancube

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many clowns do you have may i ask,,, i notice alot of people dont want to say but seems like you have tons???I dont mind sharing my pairs cause i have nothing to hide, but its cool to see others pairs!!!!!

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 21 12.1%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 47 27.2%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 81 46.8%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 21 12.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.7%
Back