Please help diagnose what is it. Microscope video .

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On this video is tail dead bleny... ( There are thousands of them in one place . They're all moving. what is it? Is it Ich?

20240403_112553.jpg

Attachments

• 20240403_114528.mp4
    18.9 MB
  • 20240403_112350.mp4
    31.3 MB

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
On this video is tail dead bleny... ( There are thousands of them in one place . They're all moving. what is it? Is it Ich?

20240403_112553.jpg
It's impossible to tell but I would guess 'no'. Can you describe how you got the sample - is this part of the tail or a scraping? Also - what symptoms did the fish have before death most importantly, how are the rest of your fish doing. In your case it's hard to tell if these are eating dead flesh vs causing a disease. Also - the magnification would also help!

OP
OP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's impossible to tell but I would guess 'no'. Can you describe how you got the sample - is this part of the tail or a scraping? Also - what symptoms did the fish have before death most importantly, how are the rest of your fish doing. In your case it's hard to tell if these are eating dead flesh vs causing a disease. Also - the magnification would also help!
this is a video of a fish's tail. The scraping did not show so many of these pieces. I lost two clown fish yesterday,(they didn't eat one week) bleni dead today , he it before very well and didn't show any symptoms... The butterfly fish currently has white dots on its fins and I am treating it for ich . The rest of the fish look fine. Everyone eats well. I'm dosing rally pro + kick ich in tank 3 days already. I was sure I have ich but this video confused me ...
Can't do more magnification, its very sma

Attachments

• 20240403_121930.mp4
    35 MB

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

20240403_112553.jpg
I know this is nt the easiest but need closer pics with lens in focus as best as possible but may be algae spores

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is a video of a fish's tail. The scraping did not show so many of these pieces. I lost two clown fish yesterday,(they didn't eat one week) bleni dead today , he it before very well and didn't show any symptoms... The butterfly fish currently has white dots on its fins and I am treating it for ich . The rest of the fish look fine. Everyone eats well. I'm dosing rally pro + kick ich in tank 3 days already. I was sure I have ich but this video confused me ...
Can't do more magnification, its very sma

Those are all Holotrich / Scuticocilliates, probably external Uronema. Here is the thing though - they are normal findings on fish that have been dead in a tank for any length of time more than a few hours. If you find them on a still living or very freshly dead fish, they can be considered parasitic, but if you find them on a fish that has been dead during the night, they are just incidental scavengers.

OP
OP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Тhank you! I think this isy problem... I lost 4 clowns in tank already, they just stop eating and heavy breathing . copper doesn't help. I read that the clown is sensitive to this disease , and its treated antibiotics

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Тhank you! I think this isy problem... I lost 4 clowns in tank already, they just stop eating and heavy breathing . copper doesn't help. I read that the clown is sensitive to this disease , and its treated antibiotics

Not antibacterial antibiotics, those won't help. Chloroquine can be used though.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 29 36.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 31.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back