Please help with I.D

Tailfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All , can someone please help me I.D this critter. I have been noticing one or two on the glass this past week and today I found them all over a piece of green monti cap on back of tank. I pulled it out and dip in revive to remove them . Rinsed several times before placing back in tank. I would like to know what they are and how to treat them without killer several clams and acro's. Thanks and hope to hear back so I can destress some.
20231024_212949.jpg
20231024_212947.jpg
20231024_212838.jpg

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
planaria flatworms. They are harmless.

moldos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
planaria flatworms. harmless but ive heard they can get out of control and smother corals.

OP
OP
T

Tailfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello , that's what I thought they were and haven't seen them in many years and I only remember seeing them when they were a orange/red color. What would be the safest route to take to eliminate them without killing all my acro's and clams. Removing to dip is not a option. Is there any fish that will eat them , like a six line wrasse

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello , that's what I thought they were and haven't seen them in many years and I only remember seeing them when they were an orange/red color. What would be the safest route to take to eliminate them without killing all my acro's and clams. Removing to dip is not an option. Is there any fish that will eat them , like a six line wrasse
A six line will wipe them out

OP
OP
T

Tailfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A six line will wipe them out
I would rather go with the six line , but it has been hard to find them around this year for some reason. I do have some flatworm x but dont really like doing the chemical thing. I really do appreciate all replies so now I know what I have and how to deal with it and can quit stressing.

OP
OP
T

Tailfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well fou d a six line and it's been in tank about a week now and doesn't seem like he is eating any of them. They are o ly on a large season greetings monti that I have noticed. Any other option you guys recommend.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 25.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 46 33.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 31.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back