Plug in ATO pump

NanoRyan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone recommend a good ato pump that’s plug in? I’ve been using an off brand pump for years but It has no info or anything on it. Looking for another reliable pump that will last. Thanks!

OP
OP
N

NanoRyan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@NanoRyan A solid standalone ATO that a lot of folks use is the Tunze Osmolator 3155.
Yeah I’ve seen that pump, I have a solid system that has worked for years without 1 hiccup. I would have to wire a plug on it. I prefer just a plug and play pump.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been running one of these on my reefer 170 connected to a JBJ ATO. My container is mounted on the floor 32 inches from the pump and the pump is 30 inches off the floor and it has been working great pulling the water that far. Its also very noisy when the container runs dry, which is usually in the middle of the night but at least it lets me know I need to swap jugs (tank is in the bedroom). A little soldering is involved and its not sleek and cool looking but it works. On my larger system I use an old MJ 1200 also connected to a JBJ unit only it is pushing water rather pulling and it works great as well. I'm not into super high tech ATO units. Give me a good solid unit with a mecahnical float switch and a cheap pump and I'm happy.

OP
OP
N

NanoRyan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been running one of these on my reefer 170 connected to a JBJ ATO. My container is mounted on the floor 32 inches from the pump and the pump is 30 inches off the floor and it has been working great pulling the water that far. Its also very noisy when the container runs dry, which is usually in the middle of the night but at least it lets me know I need to swap jugs (tank is in the bedroom). A little soldering is involved and its not sleek and cool looking but it works. On my larger system I use an old MJ 1200 also connected to a JBJ unit only it is pushing water rather pulling and it works great as well. I'm not into super high tech ATO units. Give me a good solid unit with a mecahnical float switch and a cheap pump and I'm happy.
Yeah that basically what I’m running. Mechanical float switches with a jbj failsafe with another failsafe(apex). I just have been using a return pump but I have no info on the pump

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I’ve seen that pump, I have a solid system that has worked for years without 1 hiccup. I would have to wire a plug on it. I prefer just a plug and play pump.
My bad. I took “plug in” to mean plug in to AC as a standalone unit — not tied to Apex etc. What do you mean by “plug and play”?

OP
OP
N

NanoRyan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My bad. I took “plug in” to mean plug in to AC as a standalone unit — not tied to Apex etc. What do you mean by “plug and play”?
Like plug it into an outlet in the wall.

Back