Plumbing drain and return

reefpeeper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently plumbing my tank with hard pvc. My question is when i glue it together how important is it for the connections to be fully seated? I know that there really isnt much pressure so would it be bad if not all the way seated? Hard to push all the way in before gluing to get correct measurements.

19Mateo83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It is more important on pressurized lines. On drain lines, as long as you get 90% of the pipe in the fittings and good glue distribution you should be ok. Just be sure to twist as you insert to ensure proper fusion of the pieces.

OP
OP
reefpeeper

reefpeeper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Measure the inside of the fitting up to the step in there & that's your measurement.
Maybe i just made it too difficult to measure properly by having dual drain and return. Its a 120g. Had to do a bunch of different angles and stuff for it to work out.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 34.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 13.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 28 32.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 15 17.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back