plumbing to a 1" bulk head

killerkukoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! Im looking to hard plumb my tank. Id like to attache a fitting to the bottom of my 1" bulk head. my question is, is there a fitting that will screw right onto the bulk head? If there is what size is it? if not, what options are there? right now the set up i have is sketchy and id like to change it. thanks in advance for your help! :)

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any 1" threaded pvc fitting should thread into the bulkhead. Only use the inside threads, the outside threads are meant only for the bulkhead but and will not seal.
IMG_1814.JPG

Roy 9121

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! Im looking to hard plumb my tank. Id like to attache a fitting to the bottom of my 1" bulk head. my question is, is there a fitting that will screw right onto the bulk head? If there is what size is it? if not, what options are there? right now the set up i have is sketchy and id like to change it. thanks in advance for your help! :)
Some of them you can insert a 1" pipe into the bulk head. If so, just glue in a piece of pipe.

OP
OP
K

killerkukoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok. thanks everyone for your help. i have slip bulk heads. i will have to switch to threaded ones then. thanks again :)

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok. thanks everyone for your help. i have slip bulk heads. i will have to switch to threaded ones then. thanks again :)
You don't have to switch if you don't want to. You can glue 1" pvc directly into a 1" bulkhead. I assumed you had threaded bulkheads because you mentioned screwing a fitting on. Slip bulkheads work just fine as well.

OP
OP
K

killerkukoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't have to switch if you don't want to. You can glue 1" pvc directly into a 1" bulkhead. I assumed you had threaded bulkheads because you mentioned screwing a fitting on. Slip bulkheads work just fine as well.
I think we will do just that! thanks for the help :) thats the easiest way i think for us to proceed

ifarmer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes snd yed. Most box store should have all kind of fitting you need. For slip in, you need to to use pvc cement to glue it.
If your bulkhead is threaded, the regular pvc male adapter works perfectly. Make sure you get yourself some thread sealing teplon tspe in the plumbing section as well (pretty cheap) in case it leaks

Last edited:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back