Polishing glass scratches.. have you done it.. If so.. HOW?

Degener8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 75gallon tank had some NASTY scratches in it when I got it. But the Eel HAD to have a larger tank ASAP (wifes orders) and it was the best I could come up with and afford at the time. So now I am going to try and figure out a way to buff out the glass and make it look pretty pretty pretty:)

Let me hear how you have done it and if you can I would love to see before and after pictures.

(glass scratches are hard to photo though)

mallorieGgator

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to hear this too because my display has some irritating large scratches in the front.

OP
OP
Degener8

Degener8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool good read.. I have some scratches I am sure it wont take out but i have ALOT that i think it will. I am going to try and order some cerium oxide soon and give this a shot.. 40 bucks for the compound isn't bad to try and save a 75 gallon aquarium.

iamvictor2k

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sounds like to much boring work to me. id def just buy a new tank unless there were only a few small scratches. I dont know if i would risk putting any of that near my water either. lets see 2 hrs worth of work ( thats probly not including the time it would take to drain dry and tape) at $50 an hr plus $40 for the compound and probly $20-30 for the polishing pads and drill bit adapter. comes to a grand total of $170 on the low side. i mean if it was a bow front 125g or higher i could see it but any thing lower than that im buying a new tank.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 25.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 33.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back