poly lab

Susan Bates

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed reef roids, once a week, i have seen a product called poly- lab booster, has anyone used this product, i all so dose 2x a week seachem reef plus and reef trace, still not happy with my corals, do these products put my nitrates up?

Oscar47f

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
these products will increase the amount of nutrients in your system yes... i have polyp booster and i stopped using it i just rely on water parameters and lighting and my copepod cultures in the tank...

OP
OP
Susan Bates

Susan Bates

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
these products will increase the amount of nutrients in your system yes... i have polyp booster and i stopped using it i just rely on water parameters and lighting and my copepod cultures in the tank...
Thanks, i struggle with nitrates and i am trying to find course

Oscar47f

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your nitrates at??? and what are your reef parameters? what exactly are you not liking about your corals ? maybe with all the knowledge on this forum we can help you attain what you would like

OP
OP
Susan Bates

Susan Bates

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your nitrates at??? and what are your reef parameters? what exactly are you not liking about your corals ? maybe with all the knowledge on this forum we can help you attain what you would like
Nitrates are 40-50 salifert test kit, all others are good, but my tank never uses calcium. 500 mag 1450, phos 0.03 ph 8, kh 7.8, corals survive but not much growth, tank is 2 years old

Oscar47f

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmmm do you dose any trace elements or do frequent water changes??? i would lower the nitrates to less than 10 depending on what your trying to grow... and raise both KH and PH you want to aim for 8.3 ph, 8 is good but corals calcify faster at closer to 8.3... and alkalinity at or above 8 could (not saying it will) spurt some growth, you wanna try and keep it at about 8 ish, 7.8 is good too but just some ideas llol .... what kind of corals are they?

OP
OP
Susan Bates

Susan Bates

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmmm do you dose any trace elements or do frequent water changes??? i would lower the nitrates to less than 10 depending on what your trying to grow... and raise both KH and PH you want to aim for 8.3 ph, 8 is good but corals calcify faster at closer to 8.3... and alkalinity at or above 8 could (not saying it will) spurt some growth, you wanna try and keep it at about 8 ish, 7.8 is good too but just some ideas llol .... what kind of corals are they?
I do weekly water change 100lt of a 400lt tank, i only dose reef plus and reef trace, i have a mixed reef, lps, sps...
IMG_2301.JPG

BrettMallette

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You dont need the trace or plus if you are doing frequent water changes, which you are. Id stop those for a bit until your tank starts using calcium and lower the nitrates.

Oscar47f

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah i agree with Brett lower nitrates and stop dosing, tbh i think your tank looks great but i do understand you wanting better growth and color lowering nitrates will most likely help you do that..

BrettMallette

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah i agree with Brett lower nitrates and stop dosing, tbh i think your tank looks great but i do understand you wanting better growth and color lowering nitrates will most likely help you do that..
Agree with above. And you may have elevated levels of trace elements now that are causing some of your issues. Keep uo regular maintenance routine and stop dosing the seachems for now and see uf nitrates go down. Keep us posted as to what ya decide to do :)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back