Rating - 100%
14   0   0

KevPool

Blue-Collar Reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yikes I won't need to catch all the fish I lost 3 more today :( man that sucks my coral beauty was one of my fav fish. I might take a break from fish for a bit and keep just my corals and inverts in the main system. I have only 3 fish left in the main tank now so sad.

Suesea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yikes I won't need to catch all the fish I lost 3 more today :( man that sucks my coral beauty was one of my fav fish. I might take a break from fish for a bit and keep just my corals and inverts in the main system. I have only 3 fish left in the main tank now so sad.
Sorry for your loss. After talking to you and Vetteguy53081 I had some hope. Woke up the next morning to my 6"powder brown tang dead. He was a gentle soul. I will miss him. I am done with big fish for awhile. A my little fish never showed signs and my pipe fish is still scouting the tank for pods. The next day my meds came from Amazon. Just an insurance policy now. I even ordered the Ruby reef stuff that vetteguy told me about. Ich sucks. And I feel your pain. :confused:

Hsquared

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I paid $40 for the bottle and with an outbreak of velvet, MEDIC cleared my issue in 3-4 days and save a couple of thousand dollars of fish and was safe with my coral and worth every penny. I thought it was expensive until it performed and saved a lot of livestock.
I am 6 days in to treating mine with MEDIC. It seems to be working. Ick spots are gone on fish but am still going to finish the 10 day treatment. I cannot find anywhere if I can do water changes during this time...any ideas? I need to do one according to my levels but dosing with Prime trying to save me some time while treating.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I am 6 days in to treating mine with MEDIC. It seems to be working. Ick spots are gone on fish but am still going to finish the 10 day treatment. I cannot find anywhere if I can do water changes during this time...any ideas? I need to do one according to my levels but dosing with Prime trying to save me some time while treating.
I would not exceed 15% water change.
Get yourself Ruby Rally Pro. Treat with that 2 weeks following MEDIC treatment

skullbaby1974

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not exceed 15% water change.
Get yourself Ruby Rally Pro. Treat with that 2 weeks following MEDIC treatment
Did medic and Ruby rally pro work for you? I have a small ich outbreak, I'm on day 6 of medic and it seems to be working(as of now) but read horror stories that once you finish the 10-20 day dosing ich always comes back. Hiw long have you been ich/velvet free now?

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Did medic and Ruby rally pro work for you? I have a small ich outbreak, I'm on day 6 of medic and it seems to be working(as of now) but read horror stories that once you finish the 10-20 day dosing ich always comes back. Hiw long have you been ich/velvet free now?
Both- Yes. Medic- 10-14 days

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
OP
OP
VFX_Reef_Peacekeeper

VFX_Reef_Peacekeeper

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s what I have found out since I originally posted this thread.
Polyolab medic is crystallized hydrogen peroxide. HP can be an effective treatment in a reef for ich And velvet. However it needs to be dosed using a dosing pump at a stable level for weeks.
This is the reason Medic is basically a scam. it can’t work as it dissipates with in an hour or so. If you claim it did work you actually just had a very weak strain of ich that your fish were able to fight off on their own. It wasn’t any of the “reef safe” products you buy like kick ich and medic. When you get a powerful strain of ich, your tank will be wiped out. An insanely powerful UV for 6 to 8 weeks constantly can work and also Hydrogen peroxide dosed correctly Can also have good results. Do not buy any of this garbage that claims it’s reef safe. Check out the link below.

maleshka21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I made a stupid mistake and introduced a healthy looking Powder Blue Tang to my 300 gallon Reef display. I didn't have my quarantine set up yet. Stupid. I know Stupid.

You know where this is going.... Ich broke out. I researched so much to find a fix for this. ( Yes I know catching the fish and using copper is the only real cure.) But I can't pull down a 300g reef to catch all the fish.

In comes Polyp Labs MEDIC!!! This is going to be the reef safe cure. It will help the fish and stop the water born stage of the ich parasite using "Oxidizing Technology"

Ok, so I have used a triple dose of Medic for a month. My fish are super fat and healthy. They have been able to shake off several rounds of ich spawning. None have died as yet but its getting worse and worse every time the ich re produces.

Polyp Lab's "Phillipe" Said "Oh its stress in your reef. NOPE. This reef is only 3 months old BUT....
It is full of rock cured for 4 months using DR Tims and ammonia plus the rock were successfully seeded with pods the actually multiplied in that time. The rest of the fish and coral came from a previous 50 gallon tank that had been up for 3 years. The transfer from the 50 to the 300 was done over a period of weeks. No fish or coral changed at all.

Cut to me spending more that $120 on Medic. I contacted Polyp Lab and asked for Scientific Proof of how oxidizing agents killed ich. They said google it.

So now its way over a month. Fish are starting to die and I have a verdict on Medic.

Medic seems to be snake oil. In the time I have had ich in my display tank I have increased feeding and used selcom additive to food. I have soaked food in garlic and made every effort to save my precious fish. Despite triple dosing Medic over a month it seems the ich has just followed its natural
cycle and multiplied, infected fish, dropped of and started again. Fish have a natural ability to become immune to ich. They have to be super strong but it is possible. This seems to be the philosophy Medic uses to claim success.

Don't use Polyp Lab Medic. Don't make my mistake. Quarantine all new fish. This is a must.
It's no joke. Treat all fish with Copper as if they are infected and ad them to you reef after a month or so. You may have added 10 fish in a row and never had ich. You will get it.

Take it from me..... Its not worth it.
Thanks for the info I was about to add this. I made a stupid mistake adding snails from filthy LFs after I have gone through ich exactly a year ago meds and was only buying healthy fish. My new perfect set up that was ich and pest eradicated no have an ich running the biggest uv for a week hoping to save all my babies

PeterEde

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me- An insurance policy

RALLY Pro is a very effective broad spectrum treatment designed to be used directly in the display tank to eliminate external parasites, dinoflagellates, marine velvet, clownfish disease, gill flukes, etc. on fish. RALLY also treats gram negative bacterial infections, fin and tail rot, etc., and prevents secondary infections.
RALLY is safe for all fish (including scaleless), corals and invertebrates and will not affect biofiltration.
Apply RALLY once per day for at least 3 days. Longer treatment periods may be required for heavy or persistent infections
If Rally is so good why bother with Medic at all?
I bought a bottle at tank build as a just in case measure. So far not used it.
Most reviews of top parasite cures include Rally. I haven't seen Medic in any list of preferred aids.
Another case of a salesperson selling stuff they have no idea of.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
If Rally is so good why bother with Medic at all?
I bought a bottle at tank build as a just in case measure. So far not used it.
Most reviews of top parasite cures include Rally. I haven't seen Medic in any list of preferred aids.
Another case of a salesperson selling stuff they have no idea of.
I used medic because although it is salt like treatment, works quickly whereas rally takes time to start working. I use medic until Rally takes over.
Having 39 fish at the time , I was not taking chances losing 2k in tangs. This method worked 95%, I lost only one which I figured was too late from the start

PeterEde

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used medic because although it is salt like treatment, works quickly whereas rally takes time to start working. I use medic until Rally takes over.
Having 39 fish at the time , I was not taking chances losing 2k in tangs. This method worked 95%, I lost only one which I figured was too late from the start
It seems Rally is not even sold in Australia. I'll have to import it. Good knows how long that will take in these times.

PeterEde

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef safe my butt.
With zero instructions but for dose. I dropped the medication directly in the tank.
Looks like it burned and possibly killed my frogspawn. Some instructions on using would be useful.
No wonder you can't contact them.
Cost a fortune

Ricomarine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Medic is a combination of salts ( It contains a reef-safe oxidizing agent ) and is particularly effective against Marine Ich - Crytopocaryon Irritant as well as velvet and not really a medication and I too have a larger clam in a mixed reef (this tank was 660g) so I got two bottles and followed treatment with Ruby Rally Pro.
Been close to two years and parasite free.
Did you use medic and Ruby at the same.time? Thanks

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Ricomarine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ideal, im actually in the UK and trying to find some Rally here, I can get some on ebay I think, what was you thoughts on Rally?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 68 32.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back