cwb_reeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 55 gallon tank and in it now I have a yellowtail damsel, a chrub angel, and a melanurus wrasse. my tank looks pretty empty right now but I have been looking at several different fish that would do good in my tank

Fish list:
Fathead Anthias (maybe 2)
Yasha Goby
Pinkbar Goby
McCosker's flasher wrasse
Carpenters flasher wrasse
Leopard wrasse
possibly even a dispar anthias as well

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The sunburst anthias will hang out more by the rocks than be in the open. This may cause the damsel and/or the angel to attack it.

Dispars do better in groups.

OP
OP
cwb_reeftank

cwb_reeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how many would be good for my size tank and the fish that I have and plan to add also what else would be good to add? how much would the gobies bother coral I have on the sand bed? I don't have many coral on the sand but I heard it wouldn't be good or something like that

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how many would be good for my size tank and the fish that I have and plan to add also what else would be good to add? how much would the gobies bother coral I have on the sand bed? I don't have many coral on the sand but I heard it wouldn't be good or something like that
I like a group of five dispars.

The gobies are species of watchman gobies. They won't have much impact on the sand

OP
OP
cwb_reeftank

cwb_reeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so a group of five dispars, yasha goby with shrimp, pink bar with shrimp, McCosker's flasher wrasse, Carpenters flasher wrasse, Leopard wrasse would be ok to add all of those with what I have now or is that too much?

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so a group of five dispars, yasha goby with shrimp, pink bar with shrimp, McCosker's flasher wrasse, Carpenters flasher wrasse, Leopard wrasse would be ok to add all of those with what I have now or is that too much?
That is a big bioload, but different tanks and different maintenance routines can allow for different bioloads. Add slowly and test frequently to determine your tank's stocking limit.

OP
OP
cwb_reeftank

cwb_reeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I try to do 15 gallon water changes every Monday and my nitrate and phosphates are running at 0 and 0.25(I think on the phosphate). now if I didn't do the dispars what would make a good additions?

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I try to do 15 gallon water changes every Monday and my nitrate and phosphates are running at 0 and 0.25(I think on the phosphate). now if I didn't do the dispars what would make a good additions?
Withour the dispars you should be fine for sure. It may even be possible to do them, but just wait and see how your water chemistry handles the other additions.
Should have asked this too but can I put more than one pistol shrimp in one tank?
Pistol shrimp can be a little challenging to pr. If you want two you are best off buying them as a pr.

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say that's to much to add personally but it depends on the system. I'd pick your favorite 3 and slowly check stability over time. In a few months if it's very stable add another and see how it goes.

OP
OP
cwb_reeftank

cwb_reeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What other anthias could I put in that I wouldn't really need a large group of that would go with the rest and I may not put all of those in those are just some I have been thinking of getting

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What other anthias could I put in that I wouldn't really need a large group of that would go with the rest and I may not put all of those in those are just some I have been thinking of getting
A squammipinnis and bartletts can do fine as a trio.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 31 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.7%
Back