Post your All For Reef dosing schedule!

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful reef! See when I say my previous reef years ago had 2+ppm po4 everyone thinks it was a algae soup. It wasnt.

There are a few of us that have it higher for no reason other than it may be harmful to lower it. It will take some time obviously. And ty for the kind words. I'm happy with it but looking to make some changes in the aquascape as I put some corals, mostly montipora, in dumb places...

Honesty in reefing again - there are some corals I can't keep or that have been impacted. Mostly leathers even though I have two doing well. I lost a large weeping willow and a Japanese pink nephthea. That one hurt a bit as it was a large colony spreading around a rock base with my damsels using it for refuge. Almost looks like clouds. I'm also starting to see iodine and potassium trend up between my last ICP tests. I have growth, no algae issues, so something is not consuming those two elements. Not sure why and I've not changed any products (salt, AFR) nor increased dosages. So a bit perplexed :D

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran high po4 and nitrate for quite a few years was reefing '99-2011ish maybe 12. In about '08 the uln hit the sceen and I revamped my filtration. Had to buy a hannah ul range po4 tester had it somewhere in the .02-.05 range nitrates in the 5-10 range. Sps loved it got all those pastel colors everyone was raging about. Lps lived but didnt thrive, polyps thinned out got kinda weird looking. Took me 2 years to get to those low levels. Right before I got out I stopped worrying about my po4 and to a point nitrate. I cut back on carbon dosing and everything found a happy equilibrium.

edit- forgot to say I may have lost corals in the high po4 but I definitely lost corals in the low po4/nitrate.

LiquidSpace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
13.5 gallon, 11 ml per day (I know it sounds crazy). Apex doses 0.3 ml per per day 36 times over 7.5 hours to keep the reef around 8.5 dKH.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back