Powerhead Placement Poll (Vortech and Reef Wave)

Which way would you do it!?

• Mp40 on each end

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Reef Wave on each end

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters

Trey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I’m debating on where to place my power heads on my Waterbox 180.5 and would like your help!
Vortech mp40s on the ends and reef wave 45s on the back wall, or vice versa?

I’ma tempermental coral

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I need more than 2 cents. Lol. I appreciate your response!
Ha! I know the feeling!!! Getting ready to start buying MPs and gyres for my sps build! Wanna know something strange? I’m gonna be doing the exact opposite of what I recommend... hahaha. I’ll be doing 2 gyres on the back wall and 4 mp40s, 2 on each side... hahaha. That said this is going to be a dedicate open aquascaped sps system so my gyres are going to be on turnover duty instead of current duties like they are on my mixed reef. Hence my recommendation lol. But hey! I’ll be willing to bet I end up following my own recommendations after that little experiment fails... hahaha

OP
OP
Trey

Trey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha! I know the feeling!!! Getting ready to start buying MPs and gyres for my sps build! Wanna know something strange? I’m gonna be doing the exact opposite of what I recommend... hahaha. I’ll be doing 2 gyres on the back wall and 4 mp40s, 2 on each side... hahaha. That said this is going to be a dedicate open aquascaped sps system so my gyres are going to be on turnover duty instead of current duties like they are on my mixed reef. Hence my recommendation lol. But hey! I’ll be willing to bet I end up following my own recommendations after that little experiment fails... hahaha
Funny my build is set to be an sps dominate build as well. Not so much super open scape, because I want lots of room for corals :cool:. But hey we will see!

OP
OP
Trey

Trey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you even have enough space behind the tank to put the MP40? If not then the MP40 will have to go on the sides.

The reefwave can also go vertical on the side of overflow tower shoot to each end.

There should be plenty of space behind the tank for Mp40s. You’re talking about 3ish inches....

I’ma tempermental coral

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you even have enough space behind the tank to put the MP40? If not then the MP40 will have to go on the sides.

The reefwave can also go vertical on the side of overflow tower shoot to each end.
Personally I will have a ton of room behind my system so either way will work for me and I don’t have an overflow box inside the tank. I have a ghost bean animal hanging off the back and nothing but slots leading from the tank out to it. That said they could in theory be placed under the greats back to back, vertically, and pointed at their respective side walls to creat some very interesting flow dynamics! Especially if you were to still run the MPs on the sides of the tank! INTERESTING!!!! My gears are turning! Thanks @zsxking!!!

OP
OP
Trey

Trey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dedicate sps build is going BB as well! Lol. Stop copying me!!!! Hahaha. In all fairness you’ll probably have yours done first lol.
Probably not! I still can’t figure out how to get the danged thing on the stand let alone all the other stuff. ill have to FOLOW your build More closely smh

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 39 48.1%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 17 21.0%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 19 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.4%
Back