Powerhead recommendations for BioCube 32?

Barry_Cuda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would you all recommend for a powerhead setup in a BioCube 32? I'd like to make sure I am able to set up optimal flow through the tank without having to fiddle endlessly or constantly replace failed powerheads. I'd love to hear any advice I can get about make/model of heads, how many to use in a tank this size, etc.

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would you all recommend for a powerhead setup in a BioCube 32? I'd like to make sure I am able to set up optimal flow through the tank without having to fiddle endlessly or constantly replace failed powerheads. I'd love to hear any advice I can get about make/model of heads, how many to use in a tank this size, etc.
BRS has these fun little wave makers. Multiple intensities and auto settings. Night mode, feed mode and more. Rated for up to 50 gallons. Maybe worth checking out. Doesn't take up much room in the tank since most of the unit is on the outside of the glass.
IMG_1809.PNG

Ghost463

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For ease sake i use the standered sized fluval. Its cheap and simple to use. I think ive changed maybe 4 or 5 in a few years over many tanks. Bought more then 100 of them all sorts of sizes. It is not the best rated or most featured but plain and simple.

UCF Alum

Stick addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on the MP10.
I used two of them on my 40 before I upgraded tanks and now run MP40s along with a Maxspect Gyre.
The mP10s are fantastic. Although I’m trying to sell them since they are just sitting in my garage and I have no more use for them.

SteveEreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

As you see from these responses there are many good choices- MP 10, Tunze, gyre, etc. All are good and will last if you perform the suggested maintenance. Most come with controllers so setting up is easy. BRS has a couple of good videos on pumps and flow if you have not watch them

Electricianreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Terroid Smith

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m assuming you don’t have these anymore since it’s been so long ago?

+1 on the MP10.
I used two of them on my 40 before I upgraded tanks and now run MP40s along with a Maxspect Gyre.
The mP10s are fantastic. Although I’m trying to sell them since they are just sitting in my garage and I have no more use for them.

Dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on the MP10.
if they are still for sale i would be interested.

pippol01

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to get a maxspect gyre pump for my 32 gal bio cube, but the ones that are recommended are discontinued. Is there one on the market that is not too powerful for the tank?

Back