urbaneks

urbaneks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Project 365 - January 22nd, 2016
Here is the 22nd entry into Project 365

This coral has made it into several of the photos over the past 22 days but this is the first time where it's the lone subject in the photograph. For any of you out there that are afraid of keeping acros, this is a great first timer. Very forgiving, fast growing and beautiful coral. High light, high flow and you are good to go. This coral along with my Oregon Tort are two that have been with me across a couple tank upgrades.

I really like the way this photo turned out. I especially like the second branch in the background that fades away. I think it really leads you eyes to the main subject up front.

Thanks for looking
22 down 343 to go!

Project 365 - 1/22/16 - ORA Green Slimer​

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful slimmer and another fantastic shot. You've been very dedicated to this so far we appreciate your work and time involved. keep em coming you're getting a nice group following along.

flounder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like you gave yourself a vacation day for your project, the only question is which day are you not posting? :)

drstratton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Project 365 - January 22nd, 2016
Here is the 22nd entry into Project 365

This coral has made it into several of the photos over the past 22 days but this is the first time where it's the lone subject in the photograph. For any of you out there that are afraid of keeping acros, this is a great first timer. Very forgiving, fast growing and beautiful coral. High light, high flow and you are good to go. This coral along with my Oregon Tort are two that have been with me across a couple tank upgrades.

I really like the way this photo turned out. I especially like the second branch in the background that fades away. I think it really leads you eyes to the main subject up front.

Thanks for looking
22 down 343 to go!

Project 365 - 1/22/16 - ORA Green Slimer​
I really appreciate how you share about each coral! I'm just getting started and I'm trying to figure out what to place in my tank and this one might be one of the first SPS I will add! It's beautiful, I would also like to get an Oregon Torte! Loving this thread!!!

OP
OP
urbaneks

urbaneks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a buid thread? You look very sps successful

flounder - I don't have a build thread on R2R but have one on the other forum. I don't often update it though. I much prefer the posting options here on R2R. At some point I will have to get one started here.

Beautiful slimmer and another fantastic shot. You've been very dedicated to this so far we appreciate your work and time involved. keep em coming you're getting a nice group following along.

steve&mari - Thanks for the nice words on the slimer, it's become a pretty dominating coral in my aquascape.

It looks like you gave yourself a vacation day for your project, the only question is which day are you not posting? :)

flounder - I'm confused, which for me is pretty easy to do. :) Not sure what you meant by took a vacation day, by my accounting, I have not missed a day yet. Hoping that I can go the entire year without missing one.

I really appreciate how you share about each coral! I'm just getting started and I'm trying to figure out what to place in my tank and this one might be one of the first SPS I will add! It's beautiful, I would also like to get an Oregon Torte! Loving this thread!!!

drstratton - You are welcome on the commentary. I'm always happy to give my opinion. I'm by no means an expert and there are lots of ways to be successful in the hobby and I'm willing to answer questions anyone might have.

OP
OP
urbaneks

urbaneks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Project 365 - January 23rd, 2016
Here is the 23rd entry into Project 365

For those of you following along, you may remember on day 2, I posted a photo of my Yellow Clown Goby perched in my Oregon Tort. Here is a follow on photo that shows my Green Clown Goby sitting in an ORA Blue Millie. There are a lot of things I would like to change about this photograph but this goby has proved difficult to photograph. I really wish the coral was more in focus but unfortunately, only the fish is sharp. I also wish there was more contrast between the coral and the fish but this little guy loves to hide in this coral. You can see from the photo they are a pretty close match in color. That's it for today.

Thanks for looking
23 down 342 to go!

Project 365 - 1/23/16 - ORA Blue Millie and Green Clown Goby​

justaDutchguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much for this effort! I realy enjoy every post. I am a hoarder of tiny highlights a day, and this thread is deffinately one of them! No pressure.. Well.. Maybe just a bit;-)

OP
OP
urbaneks

urbaneks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you have a build thread on this tank

Anthony christian - I don't have a build thread on R2R but have one on the other forum. I don't often update it though. I much prefer the posting options here on R2R. At some point I will have to get one started here.

Thank you so much for this effort! I realy enjoy every post. I am a hoarder of tiny highlights a day, and this thread is deffinately one of them! No pressure.. Well.. Maybe just a bit;-)

justaDutchguy - Really appreciate your comment here. I've never thought about filling my day with tiny highlights but that makes a lot of sense. Glad my journal has made it into your small daily highlights.

flounder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess a was not too clear looking back at my post. This year is a leap year, there are 366 days this year. So you'll have to decide which day you wanna skip ;)
IM subscribed to this thread, every time i see your pics i get jealous!
Looking good!

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was your plan to take a picture every day and post it, or post a picture every day and talk about it. Your tank is beautiful.

OP
OP
urbaneks

urbaneks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess a was not too clear looking back at my post. This year is a leap year, there are 366 days this year. So you'll have to decide which day you wanna skip ;)
IM subscribed to this thread, every time i see your pics i get jealous!
Looking good!

Flounder - it figures the year I decide to do a Project 365 it would be a leap year. I guess it's really Project 366. [emoji1] Thanks for continuing to check in on the journal.

Was your plan to take a picture every day and post it, or post a picture every day and talk about it. Your tank is beautiful.

Lionfish Lair - the primary goal is post a photo every day however, I'm also trying to get the camera out daily and snap at least one shot. What I've been doing is taking a photo each day for about a week before I download them from the camera and start posting. Thanks for the kind words on the tank.

flounder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If even your comments are only a paragraph i find that crucial to the post. Finding cool coral shots on Google isnt hard, but finding notes or thoughts that go with the beautiful pictures? Nearly impossible. I feel more connected to your journey and your tank with the added text.

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We had one of them clown gobies before but lfs called it a war paint gobie. Totally agree it's a very shy and secretive fish. Hard to capture with a camera for sure.

OP
OP
urbaneks

urbaneks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If even your comments are only a paragraph i find that crucial to the post. Finding cool coral shots on Google isnt hard, but finding notes or thoughts that go with the beautiful pictures? Nearly impossible. I feel more connected to your journey and your tank with the added text.

flounder - Thanks again for the views and comments. Really appreciated.

We had one of them clown gobies before but lfs called it a war paint gobie. Totally agree it's a very shy and secretive fish. Hard to capture with a camera for sure.

steve&mari - Never heard those guys referred to as War Paint Gobie but looking at them, you can see why. The nice thing about the gobies is they typically stay in a small region of the tank so you can always find them. Thanks for looking and commenting.

OP
OP
urbaneks

urbaneks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Project 365 - January 24th, 2016
Here is the 24th entry into Project 365

One of the things I love most about this hobby is the many different life forms that exist. If any of you have ever had a spaghetti worm in your reef, you know what I'm talking about. I had one in my first aquarium and it looked like it came down from space. While the conches aren't quite as odd, I still think they are one of the most amazing creatures. With eyes that can move like periscopes and a trunk that rivals the vacuum from Teletubbies, they are pretty amazing. (Those of you with children, know the Teletubbies reference).

I have two conches, both were added to my previous aquarium shortly after I cycled it. I'm guessing I've had these guys about 4.5 years now. I love this photo cause you can see all 4 years of coralline growth on the shell. Layer upon layer of coralline has long covered the tiger patterned shell that it once displayed.

That's it for today, need to get geared up for the big games today. Go BRONCOS! Go CARDINALS! Side note - I'm from Colorado but live in Arizona. This could be a match made for our household.

Thanks for looking
24 down 341 to go!

Project 365 - 1/24/16 - Tiger Conch​

dolliecc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just found this today and let me say I am hooked! Love the pic's and subject content...
Thank you for sharing, I am following it now

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great shots!

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 73 43.5%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 60 35.7%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 24 14.3%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.2%
Back