Purigen

Evan28395950

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question, for purigen, do you leave the media in the original bag it comes with, or do you have to put it in separate media bag?

bblumberg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You leave it in the original so you can regenerate it.
I buy the stuff in bulk and put in a media reactor. When it gets brown, I dump it out into a beaker, regenerate with bleach, rinse well, let stand in sodium thiosulfate for a few hours , rinse again and then put back in the reactor. In practice, I have one more reactor than tanks and always have a fresh one ready to go while others are being regenerated.

ProfessorAronnax

Conscientious Marine Aquarist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I buy the stuff in bulk and put in a media reactor. When it gets brown, I dump it out into a beaker, regenerate with bleach, rinse well, let stand in sodium thiosulfate for a few hours , rinse again and then put back in the reactor. In practice, I have one more reactor than tanks and always have a fresh one ready to go while others are being regenerated.
Bulk in a reactor is the way to go! For smaller tank I do enjoy a little bag.Less money.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
leave in bag wonderful in canister

OP
OP
Evan28395950

Evan28395950

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weird thing was, I just pulled out my old one, about 7 months old, and there wasn’t much color. I did also have chemi pure elite, so maybe that one stole the show

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 101 42.3%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 116 48.5%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 9 3.8%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 3.3%

Back