Purple Death/ Nuclear Green Morth

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ooohhhhh.... This may open a whole new way of doing things. Now I have to try it for myself to see what comes about.

Chris2222000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could a mix of zooanthalia (sp) be accomplished with a very small hypodermic needle?? Just thinkin'....

This topic has come up earlier this year, and that idea was brought up. Several members mentioned trying it; though I don't recall if they were successful or not. I would like to try mashing a polyp to a mush and then feeding the mush to another polyp.

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There were few similar threads on RC earlier this year, but mostly with zoanthids - Didn't think it was possible with NGs and PDs. Same thing could be achieved naturally when two different morphs are at a close proximity to one another. This is often observed on wild Whammin Watermelon, Eagle Eyes, and Orange Bam Bams. If seperated, any offspring polyps produced will revert back to one or the other.

GrouperGenius

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
don't know, hey keep all those good names coming

What??

This topic has come up earlier this year, and that idea was brought up. Several members mentioned trying it; though I don't recall if they were successful or not. I would like to try mashing a polyp to a mush and then feeding the mush to another polyp.

I have not had any success getting zoanthids to "eat" in the conventional sense like Palys do. I'll try it (hypodermic test) tomorrow with lights on and good pics of test subjects. I have some 16ga needles, but I think they may be too big.

Saltysteele

Bret
View Badges
Reaction score
in a van, down by the river in South Haven, MI
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is messed up! i was just telling a guy at the lfs last night, that i was wondering if this was possible. he had heard of people putting acans together like this, and i had told him i was thinking about trying paly's or zoa's. we couldn't figure out how to get them to stay together. figured it would be difficult to keep the glue from forming a barrier between the two.

Sweet!

OP
OP
Dace

Dace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is messed up! i was just telling a guy at the lfs last night, that i was wondering if this was possible. he had heard of people putting acans together like this, and i had told him i was thinking about trying paly's or zoa's. we couldn't figure out how to get them to stay together. figured it would be difficult to keep the glue from forming a barrier between the two.

Sweet!
It was very hard, took me over 40 trys,

euphoricgearhow bout twoface?
Sounds good

vietcu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, and here I thought that if you glue 2 polyp close together they would morph by growing new polyps.

OP
OP
Dace

Dace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bad News:
As i was trying to separate this polyp from the others because of the other polyps being much larger were keeping the polyp from opening fully and started to show some serious stress, I decided to frag the polyp off the colony because there was no possible way i could remove all the other polyps without damaging the polyp. so it's done. I placed the polyp on it's own on a disc and placed it by it self in my frag tank. i will not light the frag for at least one day to let it set on the disc. i hope it does not blow off the disc and disappear

OP
OP
Dace

Dace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well as stupid as it may sound i stood home from work to try and get this polyp up and running...lol... and it looks like it's coming along on it's own. I'm just scare to place back in my display because with the high flow it might be removed off the disc. in may frag tank i am only lighting it with 2 t5's super actinic bulbs because it's the only coral in my 3'x2' frag tank and I'm not attempting to light it with my 400mh de light. i guess i might keep it in there for a week so to insure it attachés to the disc before back to the display it goes.

Psychographic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Um boss, I can't come to work today. Ya see, I was bored and I glued these two Paly's together the other night and, well, ummmm, I need to keep an eye on them, it would really suck if it got sick or blew away, so I'm staying home and staring at my tank today. You understand, right?"

Ya still got a job Dave?

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow, very cool. i cant wait to see what the healed paly has as offspring. if they will be the same mixed version. very neat !

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back