OP
JuniorMC8704

JuniorMC8704

Super Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah, that whole thing over there was a mess.

the guy over there apparently was saying he got them from aquaden, and aquaden owner (a user here) said no you didnt, and a bunch of people got banned....

As far as marv goes, the pic in my first post are how mine looked the day i got them from marv, and they looked like that everytime i saw them in marvs tank before that...

Now, we could be talking about 2 different marvs too...

Pufferpunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nellahtes, I got those from a guy named Mark, not a gal. He said he got them from you. You said they were gotten from Marvin. Those colors are true to what I see with my eyes. The babies seem to come out a little lighter & then darken as they mature.

bluegrass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's an old thread in the zoa forum here from well over a year ago where I posted mine. They got pretty well distributed to local reef club members and a few people here (aquaden included unless he got the same or something similar from someone else). I'll have to compare the pics for accuracy though. That morph was showing up on a wholesalers wysiwyg weekly emails about once a month back then. And no, I don't have any of them anymore. :)

MikeB

R2R Web Admin & Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I know is someone who has the real one please contact me, I have the rare St. Valentine Day Massacre Paly's that I would like to trade for apolyp of the Purple Hornets

MikeB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These paly's are HUGE. The red is much redder and the black in much blacker than the picture is showing. I have sent a few people frags of these and they were like WOW when they saw them in person. These were originally from MING and Atlantis Aquarium

VDM001.JPG

TCK Corals

Always 100% Aquacultured
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A while back when i was collecting zoas and paly which now is just lps and chalices. My LFS had a whole colony of the purple hornet. I really did see any interest in them at the time but if i knew they would sell for like 50$ to 100$ a pop i would have brought the whole colony. They might not be purple hornet but they look exactly like the one in junior pictures. Dammmmmmmm!!!!

nellahtes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when i said she i was talking about you puffer. again i got mine from a frag pack from marvinsreef here on r2r. why they look more blue in your pic i dont know. here is a pic of mine.
004.jpg

MikeB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Salty cut a single polyp off and send me one :) EVeryone is getting these but me RAWR

Pufferpunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when i said she i was talking about you puffer. again i got mine from a frag pack from marvinsreef here on r2r. why they look more blue in your pic i dont know. here is a pic of mine.
004.jpg
Mine are from a frag of your colony. My guess is the vitamin C I dose is making them bluer.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 89 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back