Purple Hornets

dbabiak

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are sweet but more than $100 for a single polyp is craaaazy!

I-K@ndY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5 polyps for a 1000.00... lol... "The picture shows 6 polyps and I will frag the 1 polyp off " Wow if someone spends 1000 on your 5 polyps wouldn't you be nice enough to give that 1 polyp for free.. GREED!

Saltysteele

Bret
View Badges
Reaction score
in a van, down by the river in South Haven, MI
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just want them, cause they look cool, and they're one i like. also will be getting mohawks (finally!!) and black pe's.

again, i'm not out for a profit, just want them. for the prices on ebay, they can keep them. if they were anymore than what i'm getting them for, i don't think i would have gotten them.

don't hate the player, hate the game :snicker:

coraldiva

LED
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5 polyps for a 1000.00... lol... "The picture shows 6 polyps and I will frag the 1 polyp off " Wow if someone spends 1000 on your 5 polyps wouldn't you be nice enough to give that 1 polyp for free.. GREED!

lol that's hilarious. i guess i didn't read close enough

oceaninabox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too freaking funny. I just realized I stuck a colony of these in my tank from last year. I knew they were unique that I hadnt seen them before and now low and behold a small gold mine....LOL TOO FUNNY!!!! It pays to set stuff aside sometimes.

dan10342

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the real question is, where do people come up with names like "purple hornet" etc?

someone i know who agrees... that the whole names are kind of ... overhyped. quote: "purple dog eaters.. or people eaters or whatever they are called..." hahaha.

yes, the hornets look nice, but $1000 for a few polyps????!?!? COME ON! though it would be nice to have a few, they arent that nice. i think "rastas" or true "kedds redds" look much nicer.

oceaninabox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it's just because they are not seen widely in the hobby. Like I said, when I first saw my little colony I stuck them in my personal tank because I had never seen them. Kedd Redds and the like have been around a long time. What amazes me even more is how the price sky rockets so quickly on some of this stuff.

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the real question is, where do people come up with names like "purple hornet" etc?

someone i know who agrees... that the whole names are kind of ... overhyped. quote: "purple dog eaters.. or people eaters or whatever they are called..." hahaha.

yes, the hornets look nice, but $1000 for a few polyps????!?!? COME ON! though it would be nice to have a few, they arent that nice. i think "rastas" or true "kedds redds" look much nicer.

My wife named them Purple Hornets, no idea why. The price comes down to supply and demand. When the supply is low and the demand is high it naturally raises the price. As you already know, this is how it works for every product that has a low supply and high demand, coral are no different.

The price will drop once the demand drops or the supply gets higher than the demand. Not many people have the true Purple Hornets therefore it might be a while before the supply gets high, they only grow so fast........

Saltysteele

Bret
View Badges
Reaction score
in a van, down by the river in South Haven, MI
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
idk.... i still say i think they're the same thing. something like this, it's not like you made them in your basement, and the rest came from that one polyp that was made. they came from the ocean, and more are going to come out of the ocean. however, being in a tank with perfect conditions and lighting is going to make them have more pronounced features, than ones sitting in silt in the ocean.

i still don't understand what makes one the "real deal" and the rest posers

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can we allow this thread to go away? We won't close it but how about before we all get fired up at each other we let it rest? JUst a small request.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back