PURPLE seahorse?????

MandarinGirl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5c8449361971ceec0662cfa68d09ade2.jpg

Wow this is soooo pretty had to share. Honestly I dont care if this was photo shopped because its just so pretty. Just throwing it out there does any one know of the existence of crazy colored seahorses Example purple, green, blue, bright red. I have seen white, black, yellow, orange, brown, light red and all the colors in between but just wondering about the cool colors of the other side of the color wheel.

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool. Thanks for sharing!!! I have considered going a tank with colored glass to help encourage the seahorse to change colors.

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

OP
OP
M

MandarinGirl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can dye fish??? I've heard of dying anemones and corals bleaching but I didn't know you could dye fish????

baeya

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two pairs of H. Erectus. Each one is a different color. Mostly tanish brown or caramel but, my fat little girl looks like a lavender color with pink tips to me.

I'm new to this forum.....let me see if I can upload a picture...

Petunia_zps5abaafa9.jpg

Mr.Acro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That seahorse in the first picture isn't dyed. Seahorses can display very vivid coloration based on a variety of factors, that one could just be creating a purplish coloration on that specific instance.

Last edited:

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two pairs of H. Erectus. Each one is a different color. Mostly tanish brown or caramel but, my fat little girl looks like a lavender color with pink tips to me.

I'm new to this forum.....let me see if I can upload a picture...

Petunia_zps5abaafa9.jpg

Great looking seahorse!!

KatyEnochs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt the fish is dyed LOL! seahorses do change colors, and can change very dramatically! I had a black one that would turn white when on white things, it was so weird. If you want purple seahorses, get purple decorations, you will get purple! The lighter the colors beforehand of the seahorse the better they can change color in my experience, but as I mentioned before it can be shocking how much they can change to their surroundings!!! I had so many times where I was looking for my seahorse thinking that one died, and it was right in front of my, just completely camouflaged!!!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 40.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%

Back